Pride Photo Show Jan 3rd Ft Lauderdale to Valparaiso

SeabournGirl

What a fabulous trip this was - great weather most of the time, a fabulous group of passengers, fun excursions, and we had MORE than one crew member per passenger. What else could you ask for? (Except maybe to never leave the ship and go home!!)

HostDan - Donna and Jerry are fabulous - we had so much fun!!

Here is a link to the photo show I put together....

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/TH7jm5gZ

Hi Leslie!

I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise on the Pride!

Thank you for the lovely PhotoShow; I liked it very much. I have not done one lately, but will again in the future. It is such a nice and easy way to share! Facebook is nice too, but not everybody can see the photos like that I've noticed.

I did recognise some people, but not too many. I thought I saw Michael's wife, is it Heather?

I don't remember if you are on facebook - have to look!

Have a nice week!

Marja

Hi Marja,

I am not on Facebook, so I appreciate when you post your photos on other websites I can see, as I have enjoyed your photos as well.

There were many repeat passengers on this cruise, but I had only sailed before with a handful of the passengers, so I met many new friends!

I've added a few more people photos from the Virtuoso tour & lunch at the museum that somehow didn't get loaded up the first time.

Mrs Mike is Gillian, and Mrs Captain, Gail, was also onboard. Both delightful and fun to talk to.

Nelson was very excited to be stopping in his home port, Valparaiso, so I borrowed a page from Martita's fun book and we presented him with a guest list of over 60 people signed up to come home with him for lunch. Even the Captain signed up :)

If anyone is going to Peru, the Ballestas Island excursion was like being on a National Geographic Discovery tour. We didn't get off the boat as you can't walk on the islands, so everyone can go, and we got right up to the rocks to see the wildlife. It was just amazing. One of the top 5 excursions I have done over the years.

Leslie

Thanks for posting your photos. I particulaarly enjoyed seeing the wildlife. When I was in Costa Rica last Jan. we did the Manuel Antonio river cruise ~~the Howler monkeys were so interesting as these are the primates that are taught to be "personal care attendants" for quadriplegics. The cost of teaching a monkey to be a caregiver is $35,000 ~~they live to be 30 years old. I just found these cute, smart creatures to be amazing ~~!

And dear Nelson never changes~~we're all hoping he'll be aboard for our Pride TA Crossing ~~ I know he was thrilled to go home for the day in Chile and be with his family.

Thanks again!

Martita B.

Oh I want to go on that trip again! "This time last year............" Ballestas Islands was also one of our favourite excursions. Just as a side note....there has been discussion on other threads about the new trainees and how they "may" infringe on some peoples enjoyment or service onboard.......in your photoshow, the last one is of Valentina.....we were onboard on her very first day....she was like a fish out of water for at least a week....they all have to start somewhere!

Martita, Nelson said he will be on for the crossing and is looking forward to the 'usual suspects' being onboard. I saw a special show a few years ago on the trained caregiving monkeys - they are amazingly smart, helpful and soooo cute. It gave the people they were helping a whole new life and much needed independence. If I didn't travel so often, (or if Seabourn would let me bring one along for the cruise) I would love to have one as a pet.

Marja, your photo show is great!!

GrannyLorr, A few times the trainees asked if I wanted/needed anything right after the regular waiter had come by, but I would rather have too much service than too little! Most of the time it wasn't an intrusion, and I don't mind having new people training around me. I know some do, and a few were very vocal about their dislike. The crew simply adjusted, as they always do, and the trainees didn't wait on them. It is great to see how much they have changed from cruise to cruise and they really remember the passengers that were nice to them while they were in their 'learning curve.' (As I am sure they also remember the others, but that never shows) And Seabourn does such a great job of grooming and promoting the right personality for higher positions.

It's snowing here (Virginia), and everything looks so beautiful. Big change from the 80 degree weather onboard just last week....

Archived