Pride of America cabins 10176 or 10676, any feedback?

cruisefr

Hi,

Does anybody have info and/or pics about cabin 10176 (or equivalent 10676 on the port side ) on the Pride of America. We're going with 2 toddlers and are slightly worried about the Aloha cafe above it, and also by what's next to it (some big area, but I can't figure out what it is!).

Also, is the view limited on the balcony since it's the last cabin aft, starboard side?

Thanks a lot to anybody with info!

Don't know that cabin specifically, but had a cabin under the buffet, wasn't a problem, for us as because Hawaii is so PORT intensive we were hardly in our room. I splurged for the balcony and then only was on it a few times, it was great for viewing the day you go by the coast, (less than an hour) wished I had been in an inside and went on deck for that one. We had rented a convertible in Maui and Kaui and really spent a long time on the islands, SO much to see, this was the only time I could say that I felt like I was in a floating hotel. IMHO, the one thing I would not do with children is the road to Hana, it is very hard to drive the driver, (even if you change off) gets SO tired, and everyone gets a little cranky, I even found myself thinking "are we there yet, oh no one more turn". Also it is very hard to get to some of the things you want to see. Do not miss Wamea Canyon it is breathtaking. Hope this helps

mew1

• 1 month later...

Anybody with feedback on this cabin on POA, 10176? It is under the Aloha buffet, starboard side and is the LAST cabin aft next to some big (scary) area where there's nothing? Or is it a noisy janitor storage room? :confused:

Look at the bottom right of this pic:

deck_10.gif

Not sure this is the best balcony cabin!

Thanks for any info.

That blank area is probably the staircase for the crew.

But one thing I've learned, the deck plans - at least when it comes to cabin positioning - it's always exactly as it appears in their diagrams. So take whatever they say (or draw) with a grain of salt.

When are you sailing? We will have this cabin, but on deck 8 in August. If you are sailing after me I would be happy to let you know about our cabin, even though it is 2 decks below. :)

That blank area is probably the staircase for the crew.

But one thing I've learned, the deck plans - at least when it comes to cabin positioning - it's always exactly as it appears in their diagrams. So take whatever they say (or draw) with a grain of salt.

I meant to say ...

it ISN'T always exactly as it appears

We're sailing this month so I could let you know before you go!

When are you sailing? We will have this cabin, but on deck 8 in August. If you are sailing after me I would be happy to let you know about our cabin, even though it is 2 decks below. :)

James - you got me worried now... We'll have our kids (2yo and 3.5yo) with us in the cabin and if they are awaken early in the morning, they won't go back to sleep (plus nobody likes noises like that):mad:

Sometimes I get complaints from people under the buffet outside deck because they can hear them moving the tables very early for set up.

James - you got me worried now... We'll have our kids (2yo and 3.5yo) with us in the cabin and if they are awaken early in the morning, they won't go back to sleep (plus nobody likes noises like that):mad:

I was on my phone before but now looking at the deck plan the chairs are not even over your cabin so it shouldn't be a problem.

James - Thanks for checking! This will be our 2nd NCL cruise, the first one was on the Norway and it was very special. This one will be very different I'm sure! (Norway had no Freestyle for one thing, but sure had lots of character was very impressing!)

I was on my phone before but now looking at the deck plan the chairs are not even over your cabin so it shouldn't be a problem.

The Norway was my favorite ship!

Ah, the Norway! My very first cruise!

And the first (and only!) time I met Phyllis Diller! (I should find that photo of me & her and post it!)

Same here. That cruise on the Norway was Christmas 2001, and she had been totally refurbished after been brought back from retirement, it was quite a sight!

Are you saying that just to make me feel old?

:-)

• 4 weeks later...

So we just got back from our Hawaiian cruise on the POA! A great trip overall to this awesome islands. Just beautiful!

Now as far as cabin 10176, the not so good news... Unfortunately, this is NOT a good cabin, it's even a BAD cabin for most people.

It is noisy:

- Every morning at ~6:10am, you will be awaken by people (I assume crew people) dragging chairs (or whatever that was) above your head at the Aloha Buffet for about 15-20 minutes: just enough to wake you up for good.

- That unidentified area next to the cabin (called "Store" !): turns out it is the pool cleaning machine room and it sounds like a giant vacuum cleaner. Right next to you, 24 hours a day, coming on and off, it will drive you nuts. It would be almost better if it was always on (sort of like a white noise, a really loud white noise though), but it's not. It turns off, then back on, etc... but is mostly on. Also, the technicians come in and out of it all day (with testing tubes it seems) and when the door opens and closes, you will wonder if some helicopter is landing next to your cabin :)

I don't care that we were never there during the day. But at 6am, we were trying to sleep. That's called being on vacation :)

It's boxed in:

-Since it's the last cabin starboard site aft, the balcony is totally surrounded by walls to the right, top and left, and you can only look at what's in front of you, not to the side. Now, this may be great for some people, because it gives you almost total privacy on your balcony (small though).

This thread was about the cabin. So that is it for this subject. It's otherwise a regular BB category cabin that sleeps 4. It's small but works out pretty well. It's convenient to the Aloha Buffet but it always feels really far from any other location. It's also on the wrong side to view the Napali coast from your balcony on Friday afternoon.

I also have good info for those wanting to travel with pre-schoolers/toddlers and those renting cars. Lots of experience with this now :) Let me know if you have any questions.

Archived