March 8th cruises - Daylight savings

tkportersat

Just want to make sure everyone leaving this day knows it is Daylight savings, clocks move forward!! Don't want anyone to miss their ships :eek:

Ohhh...thanks!! :) I didn't realize! Spring forward!! Thankfully we lose the hour before the cruise starts!! :)

I much prefer, and have enjoyed twice, cruises in the fall when you get an EXTRA hour of cruise time. I would hate to donate one to the other side!!!

Tom

Gee thanks for rubbing it in Tom ! I think I'll whine and complain, see if they will give me a free Bloody Mary Sunday morning.:D

I am kinda wondering how this affects the day, if things are running behind.....surely they don't rush the cruise ship back and keep with the same times???? Anyone ever cruised on daylight savings before???

I did in 2007. It didn't make any difference. Kept all the same times.

I am kinda wondering how this affects the day, if things are running behind.....surely they don't rush the cruise ship back and keep with the same times???? Anyone ever cruised on daylight savings before???
As the time change occurs at 2:00 am it doesn't affect much.

• 1 month later...

We will be sailing on the Fantasy on March 7th. So, the time change won't effect our boarding. But, I am wondering, does the ship move forward on Saturday night/Sunday morning at 2am like New Orleans does? Also, I don't think they do, but do Progreso and Cozumel observe DST?

We did the Liberty last year the week before the DST time change and they elected to move to Atlantic time and then leave it there. That way instead of setting the clocks back Friday night and then again Saturday, we kept the same time, but we didnt match the port clocks in Nassau on Saturday (they told us many times not to look at clocks on shore).

But when we were in St Thomas, one of the other ships chose to not set their clocks ahead for the whole cruise so they could move them ahead on Saturday night, so they were off 1 hour on all of their ports.

Archived