St Croix Pictures

TampaJules

Here are a few pics that I took a couple weeks ago in St Croix, for anyone that would like to see the beautiful island! :)

"Reef and Buck Island" was taken from Point Udall, the easternmost point on the island, and the US (looking north). It shows Buck Island, with two sail boats with snorkelers.

"Buck Island East Side" was taken on Buck Island. I went with Big Beard's Tours and they stopped at this side to teach you how to snorkel, then we sailed to the west side to snorkel at the reef. I think this is the common method for all tours. We had an underwater camera, which was awesome and I highly recommend for anyone that can afford it (it was like $100). We didn't have to worry about it getting wet, and I got to take pictures of the coral and fish. It had a cord that attached to my bathing suit so I could just let it go when I need my hands free.

"Christensted Harbor" was taken during lunch at a restaurant called RumRunners, on the boardwalk. This is where the Buck Island tour boats dock at.

The last two are some of my favorites. Unfortunately, I would guess that most cruise ship passengers don't get to see this side of the island (the east end), unless they take an extensive tour, or rent a car and just drive around.

"East End" was taken from the side of the road on Hwy 82, driving toward Point Udall.

"Grassy Point" is on the south side of the island, near Divi Carina Resort.

942973071_ReefandBuckIsland.jpg.a120f8d15edfd5631c072529ebacef15.jpg

1796099579_BuckIslandEastside.jpg.230386ffe04dd89a82e9bbfeecb3e071.jpg

1876723763_ChristenstedHarbor.jpg.d121b2ea4f3d1584a85056db22bf2cf5.jpg

2002797587_EastEnd.jpg.96d6fa1267044600356a698f7c1870be.jpg

395963112_GrassyPoint.jpg.1311208345b510d987d5e7ad3dddb2f1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

"We had an underwater camera, which was awesome and I highly recommend for anyone that can afford it (it was like $100). We didn't have to worry about it getting wet, and I got to take pictures of the coral and fish. It had a cord that attached to my bathing suit so I could just let it go when I need my hands free.

For what it's worth - disposable underwater cameras are available at WalMart or any drugstore for about $10. They're fine for most snorkeling excursions - not for deep water diving.

Thank you for the photos. St Croix is absolutely our favorite place - were there on a cruise in 2000 (or so), then back three more times for land-based visits. We almost moved there... It is a hidden jewel - so much nicer than St Thomas which is so overcrowded/developed. I'm thrilled to see that it is once again a cruise stop. As long as it retains it's "small town" charm, the cruise pax should be a real boon for the local businesses.

Bailey

Archived