Eurodam - Observation Deck Deluxe Verandah Rooms

penk99

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Deluxe Verandah Rooms on the Observation Deck of the Eurodam? Is there much noise from the Crow's Nest or other public areas up there? I think it would be nice to be up that high and I don't mind motion, but I was just wondering if it was quiet.

Thanks!!:o

I can't help you about the noise, but I believe these cabins do not have a full balcony. There is just enough room to stand (like a juliette balcony). There is not enough room for chairs. I'm not sure if that would help you with a decision.

Personally, I love to sit on my balcony, so that would ruin it for me:rolleyes:

Maybe someone else can jump in and help out.

Karen

• 1 month later...
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Deluxe Verandah Rooms on the Observation Deck of the Eurodam? Is there much noise from the Crow's Nest or other public areas up there? I think it would be nice to be up that high and I don't mind motion, but I was just wondering if it was quiet.

I too am hoping someone has some experience with the observation deck at night. I'm a light sleeper.

They're about the same as any other verandah stateroom other than the fact that the desks are cluttered w/ "Spa Amenities" such as Vitamin Water, a Pedometer, an iPod docking station and a Zen Fountain, and the bathroom has a teak "Bathmat" on the floor...

...and the balconies are extremely small - about 1 meter deep and crescent shaped - so no room to sit out there.

They are also supposed to have easy access to the Hydrotherapy Pool via a circular staircase from Deck 10 - but you still have to pay extra for this amenity and to gain access, you have to go down to the spa and trade your room card for the spa keycard to let you in, so that spiral staircase is pretty much useless.

IMO - If you're booking this category because you enjoy spending time outside in your own space - Don't bother with these.

We wondered if the thermal suite/hydropool package came with the spa rooms. The spiral staircase, however, does come into the hydropool area so I would think that if you just wanted to use the hydropool you could just come down the steps and use it.

We wondered if the thermal suite/hydropool package came with the spa rooms. The spiral staircase, however, does come into the hydropool area so I would think that if you just wanted to use the hydropool you could just come down the steps and use it.

It doesn't work that way...

...It should, but it doesn't.

They're about the same as any other verandah stateroom other than the fact that the desks are cluttered w/ "Spa Amenities" such as Vitamin Water, a Pedometer, an iPod docking station and a Zen Fountain, and the bathroom has a teak "Bathmat" on the floor...

...and the balconies are extremely small - about 1 meter deep and crescent shaped - so no room to sit out there.

They are also supposed to have easy access to the Hydrotherapy Pool via a circular staircase from Deck 10 - but you still have to pay extra for this amenity and to gain access, you have to go down to the spa and trade your room card for the spa keycard to let you in, so that spiral staircase is pretty much useless.

IMO - If you're booking this category because you enjoy spending time outside in your own space - Don't bother with these.

I called our TA today and changed our rooms to midship w/verandah. This will most likely work out better for us and the cost was minimal to upgrade. The observation spa cabins are considered VT. I just thought that the view would be phenomenal but evidently the rooms are so great.

I called our TA today and changed our rooms to midship w/verandah. This will most likely work out better for us and the cost was minimal to upgrade. The observation spa cabins are considered VT. I just thought that the view would be phenomenal but evidently the rooms aren't so great.

spelling error

Archived