Andy-When ya going!

septrack

ANDY, Just wondering when you are cruising. I know its soon. You mentioned that you would let me know about the [email="connect@sea"]connect@sea[/email] full trip rates, and if they exist whether the $150 is for unlimited minutes. I am leaving on the Summit on Dec 6. Hope you get back in time for me to find out.

I have been pursueing the issue through Celebrity email. They refferred me to the Summitt Coordinator. He never returned two calls. So I called Elizabeth (his boss I beleive) She sounded very helpful and told me that a $150/trip rate was available and she would confirm it, and check into if it was unlimited minutes, and return my call the next day. That was 10 days and three more unreturned voicemails ago. I then returned to email and they tried answering my question by answering a different question. I told them as much and I am still waiting two days later.

For a cruise line which prides itself on service, they sure drop the ball once off the ship.

For those who didn't see my earlier thread I had asked for the in stateroom internet rates and was quoted, without any full trip option. I then read the Cruise Critic Summit info which mentioned a $150/trip rate. That is when I started my questioning, trying to find out if I should carry my laptop across country.

Andy, enjoy your cruise!

[quote name='septrack']ANDY, Just wondering when you are cruising. I know its soon. You mentioned that you would let me know about the [email="connect@sea"]connect@sea[/email] full trip rates, and if they exist whether the $150 is for unlimited minutes. I am leaving on the Summit on Dec 6. Hope you get back in time for me to find out.

I have been pursueing the issue through Celebrity email. They refferred me to the Summitt Coordinator. He never returned two calls. So I called Elizabeth (his boss I beleive) She sounded very helpful and told me that a $150/trip rate was available and she would confirm it, and check into if it was unlimited minutes, and return my call the next day. That was 10 days and three more unreturned voicemails ago. I then returned to email and they tried answering my question by answering a different question. I told them as much and I am still waiting two days later.

For a cruise line which prides itself on service, they sure drop the ball once off the ship.

For those who didn't see my earlier thread I had asked for the in stateroom internet rates and was quoted, without any full trip option. I then read the Cruise Critic Summit info which mentioned a $150/trip rate. That is when I started my questioning, trying to find out if I should carry my laptop across country.

Andy, enjoy your cruise![/QUOTE]

Hi Septrack !

Thanks for the very nice comments. As you will be getting on Summit, I will be getting off the ship. I am on the sailing before you, (11/26-12/6).

I totally understand your frustration. I have also had some poor experiences trying to get information from Land based Celebrity Staff.

It is always hard for me to figure out just how a Cruise Line, that is SO GREAT at Sea, can be so hit & miss with the land based staff, specifically, when you are trying to get assistance. It is very puzzling to me. This is definately an area that needs improvement.

As for the internet questions, I did try to get an answer for you last week. Everything I am hearing sugests that there is NOT a 150.00 per week unlimited option at this time. I do plan to call another contact tomorrow (if I have time). Should I hear anything different, I will get back to you (via this thread) as soon as possible.

Believe me, I wish that 150.00 per week option was still around. I thought that was a totally great deal. Perhaps Celebrity will look into having an option similar to the old plan, in the very near future. I do think they are looking at making some minor modifications, but I do not know exactly what they plan to do yet.

The only item I do know, is that they recently added Wi-Fi to the Century Class ships (in limited areas), and they hope to have it on the Millennium Class ships within a few months.

In case I do not find out anything new, have a GREAT time on your Cruise !

Regards,
Andy

Hey Andy,

Just wanted to drop you a line to say Celebrity never got back to me and they finnally wore me out, I quit trying.

FYI, Similarly, I received my new Princess Captains Circle the other day, and they had an article stating that they will have WIFI in the Atrium pool area on all ships by this December. This raised the question, "Does the free interenet service for Platinum members (over 5 cruises) cover this WIFI service using your own laptop. I thought for sure it must since it actually saves wear and tear on the Princess computers and would not cost a dime more in bandwidth.

WRONG, A friend of mine is sailing the Carribean Princess as I type and he informs me the free internet does not apply for the WIFI. They charge the standard .35/minute. At least this rate is still less than half what Celebrity charges.

Anyway, you must be making last minute preperations for your trip. I know I can barely wait for our Dec 6 sailing. Been almost a year since we last hit the Carribean. Have a wonderful trip!

:cool:

[quote name='septrack']Hey Andy,

Just wanted to drop you a line to say Celebrity never got back to me and they finnally wore me out, I quit trying.

FYI, Similarly, I received my new Princess Captains Circle the other day, and they had an article stating that they will have WIFI in the Atrium pool area on all ships by this December. This raised the question, "Does the free interenet service for Platinum members (over 5 cruises) cover this WIFI service using your own laptop. I thought for sure it must since it actually saves wear and tear on the Princess computers and would not cost a dime more in bandwidth.

WRONG, A friend of mine is sailing the Carribean Princess as I type and he informs me the free internet does not apply for the WIFI. They charge the standard .35/minute. At least this rate is still less than half what Celebrity charges.

Anyway, you must be making last minute preperations for your trip. I know I can barely wait for our Dec 6 sailing. Been almost a year since we last hit the Carribean. Have a wonderful trip!

:cool:[/QUOTE]

Hi Septrack !

Nice to hear from you again ! I never did hear anything more about Celebrity's Internet Charges, but I still believe what I said in my previous posts is correct.

By the time I can find out for sure what the deal is on Summit, you will be on your way to the ship. If I can find out more when I am onboard, I will try to post something here.

Thanks again for the nice thoughts, and have a great time on your sailing. We are only 4 days away and are very excited !

Regards,
Andy

Archived