Belize Excursion

marydz

Looking to possibly do some snorkeling. Anyone have opinions on an excursion that they thought was fun? Thinking I might stay with a ship excursion but am open to suggestions about anything someone thought was well worth the time.

Thanks,

Mary

Carnival Victory

Carnival Legend (twice)

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Miracle (March 09)

Bannister Cayes!!!!!! It was $59 when I booked it through the ship. It was awesome.Great snorkeling! Great Food,Great drinks. Food and drink were not to expensive. $5.00 drinks and a meal under $8

I also did the cave tubing I booked that with

Cave-Tubing.com

Yhony was was great!!!

Have a great cruise!!

I did Goff's Caye last year in Belize too, it was amazing. They take you to this little Caye that you can snorkel off of or they take you farther out and let you snorkel off the boat. The guides are wonderful. The next time I get to Belize this is definately a tour I will do again!!!

Have a great time,

Kristin

Looking to possibly do some snorkeling. Anyone have opinions on an excursion that they thought was fun? Thinking I might stay with a ship excursion but am open to suggestions about anything someone thought was well worth the time.

Thanks,

Mary

Carnival Victory

Carnival Legend (twice)

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Miracle (March 09)

We had planned on cave tubing last time we were there...rain for a week prior meant they were flooded out and we went to the zoo instead. It was actually pretty neat. Got to see lots of sights on the long drive there.

We did both Goff's Caye and the Mangrove/Snorkel trip. Goff's is particularly good if you have swimmers that are not as strong since you can go from the beach. The Caye they take you to for the Mangrove/Snorkel trip is actually underwater now - a hurricane did it in. So, it is open water. The advantage of that trip was after you snorkeled, they took you on a kayak trip back through the mangroves; we had hoped to see manatees, but no luck as someone had taken a party bardge through earlier and they don't like the noise. But, the guide said it was very common to see them on the kayak trip. We never saw another boat and it was great to be in the wild!

In Nov 2006 we did an excursion through the ship that was to Caye Caulker and horseshoe reef. It is no longer there but was a.m.a.z.i.n.g!!

We were picked up by tender right at the ship, taken on a boat ride for 45 minutes and then they stopped the boat out by the reef. We snorkelled the reef and it was nice. Then we went to another location that was inside the reef where it was all sand bottom. When we got in the water here there were lots of sting rays and 3 nurse sharks!!! What an amazing experience!!

I am going to Belize in Apr and I was hoping to track down this excursion again.... it was so magical!

For Goff's Caye! It was great not having to deal with crowds to get that first tender of the day - the tours pick up at a different door than regular passengers. It was $59 per person, and the tour guides are very personable and happy to answer questions. They kept 3 guides in the water while we were snorkeling, and the boat followed, so if anyone got tired they could get out of the water. We had about an hour of beach time after the snorkeling, and although there was about 30 people on the tour, we were able to get our own space under a palm tree and truly felt like we were on a deserted island. The beers were either $2 or $3 - can't remember. I would say the only drawback is that there is only a port a potty for bathroom facilities, but you are only there for 3 hours or so. We had plently of time after the tour to go back to the cabin, change, and head to shore for some shopping. It was one of the best days!

I've been to Belize twice and both times used Coral Breeze. The first time, we did their snorkel excursion...saw lots of different fish, stingrays and nurse sharks! This excursion includied lunch on Caye Caulker. We rented a golf cart and explored the tiny island. We enjoyed Caye Caulker so much, we used them just used Coral Breeze for transportation to the small island and spent several hours there. They have good snorkeling at the far end of the island next to the bar. Saw a baby stingray and lots of beautiful fish!

I highly recommend them!

Laurie

We did Cave tubing in Belize last summer! We LOVED it! We booked with Major Tom and I was VERY happy with all of our arrangements! We also were hooked up with a nice family we knew from our "CC roll call"

We went cave-tubing with Major Tom last March Break. It was amazing!! I don't think you can do this anywhere else......but you can snorkel many different islands.

We had 5 adults and 5 teens in our party and we all had an absolute blast.

Good luck with your decision.

Archived