Carnival Victory Questions

misterchatter

Ihope this doesn't double post, had trouble first time. This is our second cruise. We will be doing the Western Caribbean in April. The first one was back in May with Celebrity on the Summit. We did the Pacific Coastal/Alaska. How would you compare these to ships and cruise line. We thought Celebrity to be to "stuffy". We were dvised by friends to give Carnival a try. Thanks

Mister ..

I took Celebrity out of Baltimore last year. While the food was good, and some of the amenities were nice (cool, wet towels returning from excursions), I found Celebrity not to be to my liking. I am 51, but the crowd was way too old for me, and had it not been for the excursions, the cruise itself would have been boring.

I like Carnival. Took my first with them in May 2003. Just returned from the Victory Western Caribbean. Had the time of my life. It doesn't matter how "young" you are.. you can have fun! The ship was clean, staff were friendly, shows were very enjoyable. The only thing I liked better on Celebrity was the food. Carnival's food was good, but not great. It certainly was not bad -- Celebrity just has a little bit better.

Give Carnival a try.. you may like it!

Karen

I am 58. Taken 3x Carnival, 1x Celebrity and 1x NCL in the past 5 years. I too found Celebrity way too stuffy and did Carnival the next time around. Also, really prefer the Carnival food. Beef dishes are much more to my liking and love the variety in the buffet area w/ the deli, chinese, reg buffet and grill. Pizzia is WAAAAY better on Carnival then either of the others.

Archived