Post - Mail - Letters ? What to do???

murdo7

What do i do about the mail?? Going on a cruise for 3 months!!!

If it piles up someone might notice i am not at home.... security issue.

Royal mail will hold it for 66 days but no longer - this is to short for me.

Help required......:confused:

Do you have a friend or relative who can collect it for you? Our mail service is similar - will only hold for so long. Who will be taking care of your house/flat/etc.? You might also have someone collect it for you at the 60 day mark and then turn in another request for holding? I don't know if that would work - have to confess this is one of the reasons we haven't been on a longer cruise yet - still haven't figured out how to handle bills and what not.

Good luck!

In the US they will only hold mail for 30 days. We were gone fornearly 40 days last year, so we had a neighbor collect it for about 10 days then up ut the hold card for the rest.

As to bills, nearly all of ours are either draftd from our checking account or charge to our credit card. I then go online and pay the credit card electronically.

I apologize for bringing up another issue, but you may want to check your house insurance. My policy becomes void if the house is unoccupied for longer than a specified period. For that reason, I have a "house sitter" who has a key, and picks up post as well as checking to make sure there are no physical problems (like leaks) in the house.

If you have no one nearby who can pick up your mail, have you considered changing your address, as if you were moving, to forward your mail to someone reliable? The advantage of this would be they need not be a neighbour or friend who lives in Glasgow. Just a thought....

Thats a good idea - i will redirect all my mail to my son.

then when i come back i will redirect it back - iff they allow that.

Thanks

I very much doubt there being such a service, it is only the householder than can redirect mail so when you return you are not the householder of your son's house

Archived