Disappointed

beach410

So, I think I am getting this great deal, the room looks wonderful on the website, new balcony on the Sensation, and come to find out there is no couch, like the current picture they have, and the room has two uppers and two lowers, no way to put the lowers together to make a king. Switched from IS and booked this early saver, so I cant change it. :(

How can Carnival advertise a room that is so far from the truth and why arent the agents told this up front? They should have put at least an artists rendition of the room lay out instead of some picture of a balcony room from some other ship. I know the website says it may look different, but even on the deck plan, the # of uppers isnt accurate.. bummed...

Its not a suite, its one of the new balcony rooms they are in the process of adding. Here I was thinking that the picture they have on line is accurate. They wont put me back to my previous Inside room even though its still available and even though all their advertising is misleading. I am stuck.

Wow how misleading. I would be upset too. I know you have the early savers rate but I think I would still call and ask to speak with a supervisor.

I am a little confused. The room you have will have one large bed, right? I am reading your post, that you are going to need room for more than 2 people. Which means you had hoped the other(s) could use the sofa. Why can't they simply use the pulimans? Grant it they are hard though. I still would be upset if they mislead me and I booked something besides what I thought I was getting.

We are 4, me, DH and two DS.

They couldnt give me an explination, only said that their notes indicate two uppers and cant put the two lowers together in this room in bold lettering. Again, you would have thought when my agent booked this that info was passed on, hey by the way, no snuggling with your hubby, is that ok?,.,,,ummm...noooo, I wouldnt sacrafice snuggling for a balcony if I wud have known this.

The deck plans on their booking page show one upper (therefore I wrongly assumed we would have one upper and the couch, per the picure, kicking myself), was doing more playing around and found the new deck plans on their general description web page of the ship, and compared the deck plans on the booking page with these and didnt see an astorik, which would indicate the couch, but still only showed one upper. Thats when I learned the horrible truth, and to add insult to injury, my TA office called them last night and they said that the person was wrong, it was one upper and a rollaway, this was last night, my TA called them again today and was told again that the first person was right..OMG..:(

We are 4, me, DH and two DS.

They couldnt give me an explination, only said that their notes indicate two uppers and cant put the two lowers together in this room in bold lettering. Again, you would have thought when my agent booked this that info was passed on, hey by the way, no snuggling with your hubby, is that ok?,.,,,ummm...noooo, I wouldnt sacrafice snuggling for a balcony if I wud have known this.

The deck plans on their booking page show one upper (therefore I wrongly assumed we would have one upper and the couch, per the picure, kicking myself), was doing more playing around and found the new deck plans on their general description web page of the ship, and compared the deck plans on the booking page with these and didnt see an astorik, which would indicate the couch, but still only showed one upper. Thats when I learned the horrible truth, and to add insult to injury, my TA office called them last night and they said that the person was wrong, it was one upper and a rollaway, this was last night, my TA called them again today and was told again that the first person was right..OMG..:(

Your TA needs to make this right.........if your TA does not fix this then call your TA and get on a 3 way call with you, your TA, and Carnival...........now!!!!

So, I think I am getting this great deal, the room looks wonderful on the website, new balcony on the Sensation, and come to find out there is no couch, like the current picture they have, and the room has two uppers and two lowers, no way to put the lowers together to make a king. Switched from IS and booked this early saver, so I cant change it. :(

How can Carnival advertise a room that is so far from the truth and why arent the agents told this up front? They should have put at least an artists rendition of the room lay out instead of some picture of a balcony room from some other ship. I know the website says it may look different, but even on the deck plan, the # of uppers isnt accurate.. bummed...

I think you can switch...for a $50 fee (probably per person).

Hint: Ask lots of questions before ever agreeing to a non-cancelable deal !

I suspect as time goes on more and more cruisers are going to get bitten by the Early Savers bug !

I was offered the deal, I opted to pay $70 more (per person) to avoid your dilemna.

I think you can switch...for a $50 fee (probably per person).

Hint: Ask lots of questions before ever agreeing to a non-cancelable deal !

I suspect as time goes on more and more cruisers are going to get bitten by the Early Savers bug !

I was offered the deal, I opted to pay $70 more (per person) to avoid your dilemna.

Yup! Here I was thinking Carnivals advertising would never mislead...too much faith..now its gone...

Yup! Here I was thinking Carnivals advertising would never mislead...too much faith..now its gone...

It sounds like the OP put her entire faith in a picture. We all know Carnival uses the same picture of a balcony room for every class of balcony room.

Ask lots of questions or spend the $100 to get what you want. That really is a cheap life lesson (assuming you learn from this experience).

Same goes for airfare. Non-stops cost just a few more dollars than the airfare CARNIVAL will put you on (Hint: Carnival gets great low rates for filling up segment flights at your expense )

It sounds like the OP put her entire faith in a picture. We all know Carnival uses the same picture of a balcony room for every class of balcony room.

Ask lots of questions or spend the $100 to get what you want. That really is a cheap life lesson (assuming you learn from this experience).

Same goes for airfare. Non-stops cost just a few more dollars than the airfare CARNIVAL will put you on (Hint: Carnival gets great low rates for filling up segment flights at your expense )

It sounded like a complete misunderstanding and it should be straightened out at no cost. These cabins are not even available yet so I'm not sure if the customer service at Carnival would even be able to explain what was in the cabin:rolleyes: They knew it was a couple and 2 children.......why in the world would they put them in twin beds:rolleyes:

If it was me I certainly would pursue it......I would not take no for an answer..........

But I still don't understand why the 2 twins can't be put together......they are just taking oceanview and adding balconies.....all oceanview cabin beds can be moved.......

So you're telling me that if you book with the new Early Saver thingy they have going on that you can't make ANY changes to your booking?

If I understand correctly, then how in the world is Early Saver a good thing?? You save a little money, but you are LOCKED IN to whatever you pick, you can't move around, you can't downgrade, your ONLY option that I see is that you can get a price drop if it becomes available after final payment.

I feel for you OP. I think you need to pursue this. Go up the chain of command. Be polite but persistent. Good luck to you!

So you're telling me that if you book with the new Early Saver thingy they have going on that you can't make ANY changes to your booking?

If I understand correctly, then how in the world is Early Saver a good thing?? You save a little money, but you are LOCKED IN to whatever you pick, you can't move around, you can't downgrade, your ONLY option that I see is that you can get a price drop if it becomes available after final payment.

I feel for you OP. I think you need to pursue this. Go up the chain of command. Be polite but persistent. Good luck to you!

You are able to make changes.......for a $50.00 p/p fee........( I think it is per person?) This program is way too risky IMO.......

I'd call Carnival, ask for A supervisor, and explain that this is for the new Sensation Balcony cabins that no one is (understandably) offering accurate photos, deckplan descriptions of, or descriptions of, and that you didn't get what you described/expected and would like the Supervisor to adjust.

Also ask fo an explanation of the twin bed situation - my understanding was that they don't like to join the twin beds as the resultant King bed then overlaps underneath the right and left wall bunks and there's really no "floorspace"????

Keep us posted? Ken

It would have been $400 more to book the regular way. And I didnt put my faith in the picture soley, the deck plans were not accurate, didnt show the 2nd upper. And btw, all the rooms I have been in were exactly as shown in the picture, thats why they have the deck plans showing uppers, couches, etc. I dont think Carnival should put a picture of a couch in a room that they know well ahead of time there will be none. Simply put in a drawing or leave the couch out of the picture. But even their updated deck plan is wrong, I say thats misleading and I would never have caught on had I not compared the booking deck plan with the updated deck plan, which I stumbled on.

Now Carnival is saying its my TA fault for not knowing that they dont put the beds together and my TA is saying, how would I know, you never told me. I am coming to the realization that this is not really a big deal, I will snuggle on the single like we did when we first met. I still have my TA looking into reverting back to the inside cabin...Thanks for everyones input!

The Early Saver was in answer to the thousands of complaints of the elimination of fare adjustments after Final Booking (during which time fares often drop dramatically to fill the ships) -- at the tradeoff of not being able to cancel or make (free) changes. It offers a reduced fare at booking, with the possibility of fare drops all the way to 2 days before departure. You can still book at the best deal you can find and take advantage of fare drops up to final Payment (and cancel anytime prior to final payment) ken

beach410 - It was (for some reason I can't seem to document) always my understanding that they don't (not can't) join the twins in a cabin with two bunks. Now I'm curious, and will investigate a bit!!! I didn't realize you booked via TA. ken

The Early Saver was in answer to the thousands of complaints of the elimination of fare adjustments after Final Booking (during which time fares often drop dramatically to fill the ships) -- at the tradeoff of not being able to cancel or make (free) changes. It offers a reduced fare at booking, with the possibility of fare drops all the way to 2 days before departure. You can still book at the best deal you can find and take advantage of fare drops up to final Payment (and cancel anytime prior to final payment) ken

Less your deposit which they will hold up to one year and apply to a new sailing.......if you don't use it within that one year you loose it.

I believe they started this program because of low sales.......and many, many cancellations........

I have been in an OV room with two uppers on two occasions and we always had our beds put together. I still havent found out their reasoning. If the beds arent nailed down we can move them I guess, but it sounds like they are! :eek:

Archived