Legend/Tampa questions...

RadChick

I sailed Legend out of Tampa back in Sept. I was off of the ship and to the airport by 8am. More than enough time.

As far as hotels, there is a Marriott inside of the Tampa airport. It was only about 119 or 129? a night. Very nice hotel and easy to get off of the plane and hop on the elevator to the check in and to the room.

You can sleep in a little get some breakfast and head to the parking garage to meet the Carnival bus. I would recommend this to anyone.

By the time you rent a car or deal with cabs then the room at the airport hotel has paid for itself.

Just recently booked a Tampa hotel thru orbitz.com and got a great rate (Hampton Inn & Suites, Ybor City for $89 including taxes). You might check that out, and as others have said, you should have no problem making your flight.

As for convenience, check out Marriott Waterside, Embassy Suites Downtown, Hyatt Regency Downtown, or Marriott Riverwalk.

Inexepensive? Probably none of the above, but look around, you may luck out on a good rate.

As for convenience, check out Marriott Waterside, Embassy Suites Downtown, Hyatt Regency Downtown, or Marriott Riverwalk.

Inexepensive? Probably none of the above, but look around, you may luck out on a good rate.

We used the Embassy Suites downtown and it was incredibly convenient - we watched the Legend come into port and dock from our hotel room the morning of departure. Rate was $180 for three people through CCL but you can probably get it cheaper on your own. At the end of the cruise, we were at the Tampa airport by 9:30 and we did not do self-assist - just waited until we were called to disembark and caught a taxi ($25 for three people and luggage).

You should be fine with that flight. I had one at 11:30 in October and had plenty of time to get to the airport. I did self assist and was at the airport by 8:45, but I would have been fine with regular debark I think.

We got a good rate at the Howard Johnson Plaza Downtown. It wasn't luxurious, but the rooms had been refurbished and were pretty decent. It was fine for 1 night. Also, they had a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise port. They would also take you anywhere within a few miles.

Enjoy the Legend!

We stayed at the Embassy Airport/Westshore. $99/night plus tax. A nice clean hotel, lots of room. Managers special with drinks/snacks at night and breakfast included.

It's also right across the street from a mall so if you want to walk around or get something to eat it's very convenient.

Kelly

Archived