the best reasonable fort lauderdalele restaurant

nurseblissful

hi cruise critics peeps! once again, i am depending on your input. i am looking for a good ft lauderdale restaurant. 3 of us LOVE seafood. one does not. i HATE portion pack (frozen) seafood:ala red lobster.....my means are seriously reduced, so i cannot afford what was previously normal. any recommendations? $150 range for 4 of us (with tip, hopefully). let me know. and for those worrying types, i already have the cash tips for my shipboard room stewards, bartenders, etc.......i know what it is to work for your money...thanks for all input...lauri:)

I don't know how it will fit into your budget...but I love Charley's Crab. It is such a beautiful location (on the intracostal) and the food is great.

Honestly, I really don't remember the pricepoint, but I'm thinking 4 of you could make due for $150 (if you are light on the alcohol). Good Luck!!

well we were just in fll and we ate at cocnuts for supper and they have a varied fresh menu that changes daily....and as stated with the other place, it certainly can be done if you are light on the alcohol....it was less then $60 for hubby and I with the full compliment, and you can dine in or on the intracoastal waterway.

hi cruise critics peeps! once again, i am depending on your input. i am looking for a good ft lauderdale restaurant. 3 of us LOVE seafood. one does not. i HATE portion pack (frozen) seafood:ala red lobster.....my means are seriously reduced, so i cannot afford what was previously normal. any recommendations? $150 range for 4 of us (with tip, hopefully). let me know. and for those worrying types, i already have the cash tips for my shipboard room stewards, bartenders, etc.......i know what it is to work for your money...thanks for all input...lauri:)

For great Comfort Food and a 50's decor, I recommend the Moonlite Diner, Oakwood Plaza, Hollywood FL.

I ate there a year ago for breakfast and dinner on a two day wait for a cruise and loved the food, the atmosphere and the price was very reasonable.

Our favorite inexpensive place in Ft Lauderdale is LuLu's Baitshack. It is a casual beachfront open air establishment. Preices are great and the seafood is good. It is located at Beachfront Plaza. Here is the link: http://www.lulusbaitshack.com/

Another favorite that is a quite a bit more pricey is Charlies Crab. http://www.muer.com/ I believe this will be out of your budget unless you order right.

!5th Street Fisheries off of 17th Street - great sea food and other things. For a GREAT meal beef and fish - not extensive in the fish department = our FAVORITE is Houstons on Federal Highway at about SE 16 Street. Their spinich artichoke dip is excellent and the grilled chicken salad to die for. Houstons is a small chain with only a few restaurants. They have one also in Pompano on Atlantic Blvd. at the Intracoastal. But for near the port can't beat 15th Street Fisheries.

!5th Street Fisheries off of 17th Street - great sea food and other things. For a GREAT meal beef and fish - not extensive in the fish department = our FAVORITE is Houstons on Federal Highway at about SE 16 Street. Their spinich artichoke dip is excellent and the grilled chicken salad to die for. Houstons is a small chain with only a few restaurants. They have one also in Pompano on Atlantic Blvd. at the Intracoastal. But for near the port can't beat 15th Street Fisheries.

Houston's sure is great, but the Fort Laud location you mentioned (Federal Highway a few blocks north of Sunrise) is long gone.

GREAT place- just about a half a block north of Embassy Suites on 17th - is "Kelly's Landing" and usually the first place we head for; They have seafood JUST as it is prepared in New England [ We live in Colorado!!!!!!] and the fried Ipswitch clams are to DIE for they are so good!!!!! Its just a small restuarant and not all that fancy; but YUMMY!

Anne

• 4 weeks later...
Any suggestions for the Boca area?

Legal Seafood is great - located inside Boca Town Center Mall. There's Morton's which has fantastic steaks, NY Prime again another great steakhouse. I work in Boca so if you can be more specific as to your likes and pricepoint, I can offer more suggestions.

My daughter lives in Fort Lauderdale and works in the service industry.

This is her favorite place:

Shuck 'N Dive

650 N Federal Hwy

Fort Lauderdale

(954) 462-0088

Cafe Aruba at the end of Commercial in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea is really good too. Great atmosphere. When I eat there I feel like I am on vacation!

Blue Moon Fish House, also in LBTS, is wonderful but pricey. Great Sunday brunch.

Sure loved that old place - sorry for the bad news that it is gone on Fed. Hghway....takes another GATOR to know the best places...

:D

Another nice place is J. Alexander's, on Fed Highway just south of 26th St. Everything from huge burgers to steaks and seafood. Great service too.

Archived