How long for dinner in Le Bistro?

Dukegirl5577

I just finished reading CruisinGram's excellent review of her Sky cruise. But I was struck by her comment about her 6:45 pm reservation in Le Bistro and finishing dinner at 9:15.

Is that normal? So if I'm eating at Le Bistro, should I assume we won't be going to the show that night???

I just finished reading CruisinGram's excellent review of her Sky cruise. But I was struck by her comment about her 6:45 pm reservation in Le Bistro and finishing dinner at 9:15.

Is that normal? So if I'm eating at Le Bistro, should I assume we won't be going to the show that night???

no,that isn't normal. We always allow about 2 hours, sometimes it is a little less, but what she experienced was either bad service or something.

Nita

When we went to Le Bistro it was maybe 1 1/2 at the most (I'm thinking more like 1 hr). The waiters are pretty in tune to how long you want to stay (i.e. are you there for food or are you there for some quiet time with your s/o, are you in a rush to go to a show or are is your dinner companion the only entertainment you need, etc). You're not rushed in anyway but service is attentive. You'd be all set with a 6pm reservation.

We were in Le Bistro for dinner twice on our recent cruise. Once dinner took about an hour and a half, the second time over three hours and we didn't even stay for dessert. The service was really awful that second time. I'm kind of sorry that we tipped at all (felt bad for the person assisting the waitress). If you are trying to make a show, let them know!

As the others have said, our situation was not normal. However, as someone else posted, it has happened more then once. So it could very well happen again. If you want to make a show, allow yourself at least 2 hours and make sure you tell them right at the beginning that you need to be out in time for the show. I'm sure they will accomodate.

CG

We have eaten at Le Bistro on several ships. Our last dinner (Majesty in 2/08) was a little over two hours. We didn't feel the service was lacking, nor did we feel dinner was too long at all. It was leisurely, romantic dinner for just my wife and I, including a cocktail and a bottle of wine. The wait staff was very attentive and in tune with our wants/needs. If you want to be out by a certain time, I'd just tell the wait staff when you get there - but I would still plan on at least 90 minutes. Also, if you were at all concerned about getting to the show, just go on a night when there's a "minor performance" that you're not as worried about missing.

We spent a little under 2 hours there, a nice, slow, leisurely dinner, with attentive waiters but no rushing around, or whisking away dishes before it was clear we were finished. We enjoyed it a lot. But yes, if you have a "deadline", I think telling them when you're seated will help them pace the meal to suit your time constraints.

I love LeBistro, and went twice on the Dawn last week.

Duck is no longer on the menu. Filet and lobster tail is gone too.

The filet mignon was replaced by tenderloin and the duck was gone from the menu and replaced by some cassoulet dish. Didn't try either.

I agreee Le Bistro is an event. The duck flambe is fun to see. Make sure you turn the lates over and check out the brand when you get there...a nice surprise...more than I could ever afford!! Lydia

Hi Lydia,

I think you meant turn the "plates" over. They are Versace and I fell in love with them the first time I laid eyes on them. You can look on the web and find you may be able to afford a place setting or two; just enough to feel special on those "special" evenings at home.:) Maybe a setting for Valentine's Day, one for your birthday?

We ate at the Specialties every day, 3 meals a day, and I never felt they were 'slow'. Yes, it wasn't "30 minutes or it's free", by any means, but I never felt 'Where's our waiter?' either. They are attentive, and you are there to enjoy it. R E L A X Take the time to talk with your servers and learn their names and where they are from and I guarantee you they will remember you the next day(s) too.

Archived