Size of obstructed view

cruzinmom

Hi everyone. I am still trying to find the size of the obstructed view cabins on the Orchestra Arpa deck. The brochure states it is 183 sq. ft opposed to 151ft. for an inside cabin. When MSC was contacted they give different replys. Anyone know for sure?

Typically rooms with an obstructed view have the life boats in front. I do not know if that is the case with you. If it is, it would be totally obstructed. My mother in law had balcony room on the 15th floor front of the ship that had only a very far view of the horizon (if you were standing up). Also as you stepped on to your balcony just outside there was a walking path about 8 to 10 ft wide before the railing. When you sat down on the lounge chairs your view was of a wall.

According to the brochure on page 21 the interior as well as the oceanview staterooms are 150 sq ft. There are 173 oceanview staterooms and 275 interior statrooms.......but the size of all of them states 150sf.

If you look at the 2008/2009 Caribbean brochure, on page 21, for the Orchestra it lists the room size as 150 sq ft. The 2009 Europe Cruises brochure, on page 45, for the Orchestra, lists the room as 185 sq ft. Did the cabins shrink on the transatlantic voyage? When you call you get 176 sq ft. The website information doesn’t even list ocean view as an option for the Orchestra. The only thing I can say for sure is that it is slightly bigger than an inside and doesn’t have a balcony. But it is my understanding that it stops at the same ports as the other cabins.:D

Both brochures are downloadable from the MSC website.

If you look at the 2008/2009 Caribbean brochure, on page 21, for the Orchestra it lists the room size as 150 sq ft. The 2009 Europe Cruises brochure, on page 45, for the Orchestra, lists the room as 185 sq ft. Did the cabins shrink on the transatlantic voyage? When you call you get 176 sq ft. The website information doesn’t even list ocean view as an option for the Orchestra. The only thing I can say for sure is that it is slightly bigger than an inside and doesn’t have a balcony. But it is my understanding that it stops at the same ports as the other cabins.:D

Both brochures are downloadable from the MSC website.

:D Are you sure about the ports??:D Thanks.

Archived