Confusion about the Bordeaux port

Gail in California

We docked right in the heart of the town..you only had to walk a short block into main shopping area.

Which is an easy on your own town.

For private tours of the wineries, and to see St.Emilion ( A MUST!) contact:

jdcoulon@alienor.fr

ask him to connect you with Alain..I have misplaced his email ..he does fabulous tours. Mr. coulon ran the tourism office in Bordeaux and hooked us up with Alain..he also can supply you with lots of city info.

Just the kind of info I'm looking for, in finding a tour operator for Medoc wineries. I'm on same cruise as Gail.

My TA called O a few months ago to confirm that the port change on day 2 ( we're supposed to overnight Bordeaux) was due to tide table. At that time, she asked if O was planning any shuttles for passngers already touring Bordeaux to travel to Le Verdon ( ship leaves Bordeaux 11 am, goes to Le Verdon, then departs at 9 pm ) and was told no such plans was being made. Guess some kind of arrangement will happen and we'll be told onboard ship, but most CC members are planners, and appreciate help from people who know the region.

Thanks.

Thanks for giving me the link to Mr. Coulon.

He replied very promptly! I'm impressed.

When you said he ran the Bordeaux tourist office, do you mean the government Tourist bureau or a private company?

THE tourist office in Bourdeaux ..so yes I would assume that would be govt. and I am glad he responded so quickly..please tell him and Alain that i sent you..for whatever that is worth:D.. they are great!

also would you be so kind as to email me alain's email when you get it..just post here. Merci!

But then again I got his info from Claudia. He gave us an unforgettable day our of Bordeaux, his English was excellent, his transportation a Mercedes Van and he was very knowledgeable. I will never forget the Bistro he selected for us to have lunch overlooking the town of St. Emilion. And the little private side tour he gave me when my friends were off doing something so I could take a photo of the view from a forbidden spot.

.........also would you be so kind as to email me alain's email when you get it..just post here. Merci!

Got good reply from Mr Coulon.

Your requested email of Alain is:

"For Claudia, the e-mail of Alain is: dionysos.bordeaux@free.fr"

Archived