Blu - only for aqua class?

cefh

It's my understanding that it is only for Aqua Class and Suite guests(if available).

"Blue, the specialty restaurant serving our AquaClass guests

Please note that children of any age that are booked in AquaClass staterooms are welcome to dine in Blu with an adult.

Additionally, onboard our Solstice-class ships, children that are booked in suites that are at least 12 years old will be accommodated in Blu when dining with an adult, based on availability only. Please note that any suite guests that dine in Blu will be charged a recommended gratuity of $5 per guest."

Can anyone tell me - if you are not in aqua class, can you still reserve a table for lunch/dinner in Blu?

Thanks

We seemed to have quite a few empty tables the 4 nights we ate there (late seating). Even so, we saw people turned away who wanted to try it but (I suppose) were not AQ or Suite passengers.

I tried to tell the matre'd the first day the nights we would not be eating there, but he did not even make a note of it. I am not sure how the arrangements could be handled, but a plan to open it up would make sense.

By the way, lunch is not served in Blu, just breakfast and dinner.

We were not Aqua Class and asked if we could eat in Blu (for an extra charge, of course) if there were openings and were told we could not, you had to be Aqua Class. Odd Celebrity would miss the opportunity to make more money, but I'm sure it's the prestige thing. Whatever. MDR was very nice.

Personally, I'm glad they are keeping it to AC passengers. If they start letting people in then it's less of a perk for AC passengers and doesn't make much sense. Kind of letting anyone into a concierge lounge, even with a charge. It makes these things less special. One day I hope to afford "special", but gives me something to look forward too!

Archived