Mexian Riviera in Jan...Pros/Cons?

kandlwed

The weather leaving S.D. or L.A. will most likely be cold the first two days. This is true most of the year.

I live in San Diego and the TV channel we watch in the morning puts up Mexican temperatures in the weather segement.

Cabo will be the coolest since it's the furthest north (Ensenada doesn't count) its been right around 80 this month. The rest of the ports were in the mid 80's and Acapulco the high 80's.

Have fun!

We are planning on booking a MR cruise shortly. For those of you who have done this cruise during January, how was it? Was it too cold? Was it great weather?

Thanks! :-)

The question of how cool is relative. I mean, we are from Edmonton, AB, Canada...it was -40 when we left in January to go on our cruise this year to the Mexican Riveria. When we landed in Seattle and had to walk out of the plane to get to our terminal to switch planes it was +2 (celsius) and we were extremely happy.

When we got to Long Beach the Carnival reps had long coats and gloves on - the 5 fingered variety - yet we walked on in sandals, shorts and

t-shirts....for us it was beautiful weather.

I sat out on the deck ALL the time during ALL times of the day...and I never got cold once. Although, it was windy the last day of the cruise as our captain was trying to get us home on time :)

My wife, on the other hand, found it too cool for her in the evenings on the balcony and had to put on pants and a sweatshirt.

The water, in Mexico, was awesome. Some said it was cold...but I didn't find that at all. And once you got in...well...you got use to it. I did not see one person on any of our beach/water excursions NOT go into the water because it was too cold.

The benefit, IMO, of going in Jan. is that the humpback whales and dolphins are all migrating and it is quite the treat to see them.

Hope that helps.

Archived