Ventura Latest dress code

roddyW

Hi,

We will be cruising on Ventura 27-02-09. I have read mixed reports about current dress code.

Can anyone please give a definitive update on what the dress code will be for this cruise?

Many thanks

RoddyW

You should be getting your tickets in the next week or so and it will have the dress codes in there. Almost certainly it will be four formals and the remainder smart casual as Caribbean fly cruises have been for some time. The planned changes in dress codes are to make the European cruises the same on Ventura and Oceana only

Brian

Thanks for the replies, however looking at the other thread....

"I have received the following notification from P&O....

"As a result of feedback from Ventura and Oceana ships, Semi-Formal dress code will be removed from ships and the number of formal nights on board these ships will be reduced."

...confusion still reigns, what I am hoping for is a reply from somebody who has completed a Ventura cruise in 2009.

Thanks again.

Roddy, your quotation only applies to European cruises. There are 2 formal nights per week on caribbean cruises, the rest smart casual. All Caribbean cruises are the same no matter which ship. So really nothing has changed and I don't know what all the fuss is about from people who say P&O are dumbing down. BUT I am sure things will change when Ventura and Azura become the "new" OV cruise replacements.

Janey, thank you for your informative reply, my mind is now at ease.

'Sir Martin' looking at the number of posts that are credited to your name, one concludes that if they are of the content and quality such as you have attached to this thread.............your life would benefit from the occasional R&r away from the keyboards!!

Kind regards

Janey, thank you for your informative reply, my mind is now at ease.

'Sir Martin' looking at the number of posts that are credited to your name, one concludes that if they are of the content and quality such as you have attached to this thread.............your life would benefit from the occasional R&r away from the keyboards!!

Kind regards

Thank you for your concern but, being a cat, I have many moments away from the keyboard, invariably spent slumbering. It's a hard life, and I can truly empathise with the pangs of envy emanating from your every pore.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

With kind regards, best wishes, and good luck on Ventura (even cats have their standards, so I've never tried it)

Sir Martin:cool:

Kind regards

Sir,

You really should take care when dealing with Sir M. Any interest shown in his postings simply marks you as future prey. Should you be offered any commercial opportunities by him, you would do well to investigate thoroughly. I do seem to recall his having sold off one Windsor Castle to an unsuspecting American. He is around the computer so often owing to the many Nigerian bank email solicitations and the like that he sends worldwide. In fact, if you look in your spam folder, you will find several such offers from him daily. Take care.

Hi,

We will be cruising on Ventura 27-02-09. I have read mixed reports about current dress code.

Can anyone please give a definitive update on what the dress code will be for this cruise?

Many thanks

RoddyW

RoddyW

Having just got off N902 I can tell you that the dress code is the same as on all other ships.

In the Caribbean (as with all other ships) in a 2 week cruise you have 4 formal and 10 casual.

The adherence was the same as in other ships with about 95 to 98% of the men wearing DJ's with the rest wearing suits. Up to 10 individuals did not wear the requested dress code and were rarely seen. looking very uncomfortable when they were.

The ladies looked suburb as usual, with many wearing way over, the dress code for casual nights.

You will have a great time on a wonderful ship.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Sir,

He is around the computer so often owing to the many Nigerian bank email solicitations and the like that he sends worldwide. In fact, if you look in your spam folder, you will find several such offers from him daily. Take care.

Michael, Nigerian banks are sooooo last week. Would you like to buy Iceland?

Sir Martin Martinsson

just returned yesterday from 14 nights on ventura - went with much indecision about dress code - nearly left formal clothes out after reading reports - found formal nights to be well kept to, most people - over 90% in formal wear.

Originally told by P+O that there would be 4 formal and 4 semi formal nights - at last minute informed 4 formal and the rest smart casual - however most people, especially women wore smart cocktail dresses etc throughout

Fantastic cruise, although food very british and repetative in main dining rooms and too many potatoes offered st every meal. Try the White Room and East they are fantastic and have half price cover charge on formal nights but need to book early.

:)

Hi Roddy

We are on the same cruise - 27.2.09 Have you seen the roll call yet?

Be nice to chat

We are expecting 4 formal nights and the rest casual.

Our experience is that most adhere to the code and that the ladies wear fabulous formal wear and cocktail on the other nights. The men tend to wear pants and a nice shirt on the casual nights, a tie can be added for those who prefer but its not necessary, my DH doesn't.

Hope you enjoy

See you on board

Gail

Just quickly to jog my memory, casual is shoes, shirt and trowsers right? you don't have to wear a tie or jacket? is that correct?

or is it any smart clothes? with no trainers, shorts or jeans?

I can't remember, I usually wear a jacket anyway because you can always take it off if you get too hot.

Chris

Just quickly to jog my memory, casual is shoes, shirt and trowsers right? you don't have to wear a tie or jacket? is that correct?

or is it any smart clothes? with no trainers, shorts or jeans?

I can't remember, I usually wear a jacket anyway because you can always take it off if you get too hot.

Chris

"casual is shoes, shirt and trousers" Is fine or anything smarter than this. I found that Ventura was a bit cold in places eg. in Ramblas. so a jacket would have been good.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Archived