Random call from CCL

figs

Hey guys---Just got my first cold call from Carnival. Unfortunately, I was at work, so "Jose" left me a voicemail with the number and ext. I don't have a PVP, we have always worked with our own TA. Anyone know what kind of deals they're offering in this round? Or are they targeted calls by past cruisin' behavior/etc? Just wondering what the phone calls offer that the website doesn't. Thanks!

Keep in mind that PVPs are sales people. They are trying to find good leads on potential cruisers. I recently received a "greeting card" from carnival from a PVP and he enclosed a couple business cards in there. It doesn't surprise me that they are cold calling, if you can call it that. They might look at the frequency people cruise, and print out a list and have their reps just call people. They have a database with everything they need to profile potential future cruisers.

It really isn't cold calling... They are calling based on if you have cruised before or if you signed on the website for information either recently or in the past. If your a past cruiser they are calling to stay in touch and see if you would be planning a cruise again with them soon. Also, they might call incase a promotion might come out or you didn't have an email listed and they call you to inform you on the specials.

If, you don't want them to call you, than simply ask to be put on the "Do not call list"...

If you've cruised before, even if you booked through a TA, chances are that you're on a PVP's database.

They have a highly advanced system called Siebel which tells them a variety of things about the people in their database (when do they normally sail, when was the last time they cruised, have they been on the website recently, do they qualify for senior, interline, military discounts, what's their closest drive-to port, are they interested in last minute deals, where do they like to cruise to, etc, etc, etc).

Based on the information stored, they can run queries to target a specific audience based on any specials that may be offered.

Even though it may feel like a "cold call" there's a logic to why they call, and when they call. Don't be surprised if you normally plan your summer cruise around the end of January and all of a sudden you get a call from a PVP just to say hello....;)

Archived