Where are my compass reward????????

geminig

Compass reward certificates were suppose to mailed before 1/31. As of today I have not received anything. That leaves tomorrow 1/31. I wanted to use them for my 4/19 Pearl cruise. Final payment due 2/3. I will be one unhappy camper if they don't let me use them. Has anybody received them yet? I did not see one post on this subject. HELP!!!!

Are the Compass Rewards supposed to just come automatically?

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I've cruised many, many times with Compass Rewards and several times I haven't been able to get the certificates in until about 2 weeks before the cruise because I rarely book a cruise with much more notice than that. They will be flexible if you tell them you are waiting on your certificates. Have them put a note on your booking saying so.

Compass reward certificates were suppose to mailed before 1/31. As of today I have not received anything. That leaves tomorrow 1/31. I wanted to use them for my 4/19 Pearl cruise. Final payment due 2/3. I will be one unhappy camper if they don't let me use them. Has anybody received them yet? I did not see one post on this subject. HELP!!!!

Why didn't you request them if you knew you had earned them. They committed to mailing them out by 1/31 and with your final payment due 2/3 it is very unlikely you will receive them in time.

PE

They did originally say they were to be mailed by 01/31, however a couple of weeks ago we got a welcome letter to the new program and it mentioned that we would not be mailed the certs we had earned for six to eight weeks. I was disappointed by that as I wanted to book our Alaskan cruise under the current promo, however was not surprised we would not get them in the time frame they originally stated.

B of A is running a little behind and are now saying we will receive them by mid Feb.

As for the certificates, I've previously turned mine in after making final payment on a cruise and then received a credit on my card after I mailed in the award certs. You'll be fine.

Why didn't you request them if you knew you had earned them. They committed to mailing them out by 1/31 and with your final payment due 2/3 it is very unlikely you will receive them in time.

PE

I sort of did. In Mid December,I cashed out a few thousand worth and had about 200 points left.I was told to wait until 12/31 as I may get more points and they will be automatically sent by 1/31.

I have made final payment and I sail in 60 days so I need then as well,bit the way I see it is they might fill the catagories and have to give me something better.:D I know its based on availaibility,but what is available when I should have the certificate (in writing no less) and what is available when I get them are 2 different things so I will print out availability as of tomorrow.

Steve

I did not see the mid Feb. memo. I was told that you did not have to do anything to get your balance by 1/31. I too cashed in earlier to pay off some the trip. I only have a little over $300 left and do not owe much more than that. I will send them when I get them. If they credit my CC at least I,ll spend the money on board. Sounds like a wash to me. Thanks for the info.

We had $500 in points left that we were going to use on our January 2010 PC cruise. Wednesday we got a call from the upsell fairy to move to the GV from our AC for our cruise to the Mex Riv. in 3 weeks. We took it and I decided to use our remaining $500 cert on this cruise. I called BOA and they told me that the certificates had been mailed on Tuesday and we should have them no later than the 1st of next week.

Nope we havent gotten anything yet. We are also waiting on ours.

PE

The compass rewards program ended 12/31/2008 and we could not request them. They are suppose to send them out by end of January automatically. Not to mention that our new statements that came out in January did not tell us how many points we had accumulated in total by the closing date of the program. So we could not request them. Everyone is waiting to see if they gave us full points for all our purchases through 12/31. If they didnt then thats another problem we will have to deal with.

I normally pay my faire up front and then send in my certificates when they come. NCL simply credits my credit card for that amount.

Hey! That is exactly what we did with our March cruise. I already had a 500 certificate that i requested in November so when we booked the March cruise we paid in full sent in the certificates and NCL will just reimburse my credit card the amount.

You are only getting certs. in $500 or $100 multiples. I understand you will lose anything over that amount.

Maybe I misunderstood but I thought you could only get the certs in $500 awards and the $100 amounts were only good for crappy upgrades. :confused:

Just checked out the NCL website on how they are distributing the CR certificates. It appears that if you do not have an a balance in quantities of $500 you will get upgrade cerificates. In my case I had 453 points at the end of Dec 08. According to the website I will be the proud owner of 5 worthless upgrade certificates! What they are doing is rounding up to the next 100 point level and distrubute according to the schedule. What gets me is that at 500 points I will get upgrade certificates instead of a $500 certificate. Read the fine print at the bottom:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CompassRewardsFAQ

Does anyone know if I can do anything about this? I will complain but I get no satisfaction I am canceling my NCL card and moving on.

I just applied for the new card and will receive 5,000 points=$50 OBC. I want to charge as much as I can before the cruise (end of April) before cashing my points in. To be safe, and allow enough time to receive them, how long prior to my cruise should I cash my points in?

Just checked out the NCL website on how they are distributing the CR certificates. It appears that if you do not have an a balance in quantities of $500 you will get upgrade cerificates. In my case I had 453 points at the end of Dec 08. According to the website I will be the proud owner of 5 worthless upgrade certificates! What they are doing is rounding up to the next 100 point level and distrubute according to the schedule. What gets me is that at 500 points I will get upgrade certificates instead of a $500 certificate. Read the fine print at the bottom:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CompassRewardsFAQ

Does anyone know if I can do anything about this? I will complain but I get no satisfaction I am canceling my NCL card and moving on.

You should consider stopping using that card anyway. It's pretty much useless. Call BofA and see if they'd be willing to negotiate. The 47 points you would have needed is $1500 worth of more charges (if my math is right.)

Archived