Suite Bed Set Up

av01bps

Hello all-

We are staying in a penthouse level sky suite in April. We have two adults and two DD- one 11 one 13 and being sisters (and practically grown up sizes) they are none too keen about sharing a roll out couch bed. Can we add a rollaway (even though it may be a bit squishy)?

thanks

They will definitely not fit on the fold out couch together, it is really like a twin size mattress. I think you have to ask about the roll-away because there are regulations about whether they can do that or not. It may not cost you much more to put them in their own inside cabin. That would certainly give you a nicer vacation.

You need to call Celebrity and find out if they will allow a roll away. I know that for one of our cruises in the PH, the people in the PH next door had a real problem with getting Celebrity to allow a roll away in their suite.

And, there are no inside cabins near the PH and I feel the OP's children are far too young to be alone in their own cabin. The only cabins near the PH are SS, RS and a couple of CC cabins, as the PH's on the M Class ships are far aft on deck 6.

OP states they are in a Penthouse LEVEL sky suite, NOT a Penthouse. You don't mention which ship. I have been on a SS on Century, for instance, and there is absolutely no way a rollaway would fit in there--in fact I don't think I have ever seen a roll away on a cruise ship--but I know someone has and will flame me for that statement!

Anyway, you need a cabin that sleeps 4--two in the bed, one on the fold out and one on the upper fold-down bunk.

Cathy

Hello all-

We are staying in a penthouse level sky suite in April. We have two adults and two DD- one 11 one 13 and being sisters (and practically grown up sizes) they are none too keen about sharing a roll out couch bed. Can we add a rollaway (even though it may be a bit squishy)?

thanks

As one of the peeps that is on my ship in april...i want to help...does it state in your stateroom number if the bed will hold 1 or 2 persons...that will make the big difference here...otherwise, rather then calling celebrity directly and raising a flag for a roll away...perhaps you just ask the room steward for a roll away and hand him a $20...I am sure he will be more then happy to accommodate you. We will be in the same situation, per se, we have 1 who will be on the sofa, plus a crib, a little squishy...but can always throw one of them with grandma;)

The sky suite we stayed in had absolutely NO room for a roll away while the sofa bed was out. :eek:

If the sofa bed is a double, Celebrity assumes two will sleep in it, which is why they sold the room for 4 people.

Honestly, I think the regular balcony or CC cabins accommodate 4 people easier. The couches are bigger.

I have boys, and not girls, so maybe it is a bit of a different attitude, and I know my kids, and I would leave them in their own cabin. Also, whoever suggested that the cabin steward would take a $20 tip to put in a roll-away, that is great if you want them risking losing their job because they did something against regulations. This is a safety issue. There really is no room for a roll away in a sky suite.

Sorry, misread the OP's post.

I don't think any kind of roll away would fit in a SS. There's just no room anywhere to open it up. I was picturing the configuration, and you have the bed, a very small space to the TV, a chair next to the TV, a very small space to the table and sofa-bed. I just cannot see where they would put a roll away. And, there are no inside cabins on the PH deck.

Our travel agent requested a roll away for us. A twenty will be at the ready as well. Thanks!:D

Your TA can request away, Its still not going to fit.. Hate to see you in a blunder the first night. Either decide now that the girls will sleep together. (my teens always did):rolleyes: or start looking at other cabin choices. Ask your TA if they have ever actually seen a sky suite.:o Your getting alot of advise from people who have!

My kids never complained about sleeping together. We always stuffed them in a sofa sleeper.. :D We stayed the 4 of us, in cabins alot smaller, but they did have a full sofa sleeper. (the 4 of us in a regular balcony cabin on the Vision of the Seas, now that was cozy;))

Your advice IS appreciated. In the event a roll away does not fit and or never arrives, I will invoke the "Young ladies who are lucky enough to go on a cruise, and stay in a nice suite, and who would like to not spend the ENTIRE CRUISE with their BORING Parents" will share a bed. End of story.

:D

One idea is to get on the website and look at the floor plan for the SS--I know it's a little larger than the CC, where there is absolutely no place to put one unless you could somehow fit it between the closet and the bathroom door--but imagine the layout with the sofa bed open and then see is there's a place it might fit--maybe alongside the double bed? Anyway you see it, if it fits at all it will be a tight fit--but check it out and come back and report to us!

cp

There's no way to fit a roll away between the closet and the bathroom door, unless everyone wants to wear diapers or stop all liquid and food after 3pm. A bed in that area would not allow anyone to get to the bathroom much less the hallway door and I think that would be against safety rules. The ONLY think I can think of is to ask them to take out the chair and table and put the bed there, but then again, they wouldn't be able to use the balcony.

The sofas in the Sky Suite are also very small and I can't imagine that two people could sleep in the pull out either. You really need to make sure this is taken care of before you sail. I think the maximum in a Sky Suite would be three people.

Your advice IS appreciated. In the event a roll away does not fit and or never arrives, I will invoke the "Young ladies who are lucky enough to go on a cruise, and stay in a nice suite, and who would like to not spend the ENTIRE CRUISE with their BORING Parents" will share a bed. End of story.

:D

Your going to have a great cruise! Have fun! P.S. you will love your bathroom. I always miss the sky suite bathroom..:D

Check on Celebrity.com and see if Cabin 1200 or 1201 are available. They are on the sports deck and have what appear to be larger balcony's and I am hoping room. I am booked on the April 16th cruise.

Archived