Changing cabins after guarantee is assigned

RMLERL

I was wondering if anyone has any insight into making a lateral move within the same cabin class(like just going down the hall or to the other side of the ship) after the guarantee is assigned. I think this allowed on some cruiselines.

My family of 6 is going, we have a suite guarantee for 4 on Inspiration. They assigned a cat 12 already, so I booked the I/S across the hall for the other 2. However I noticed that on the other side there's a cat 12 with a connecting OV. It shows available. I called Carnival and they said the move can't be done. Without losing the guarantee price. It would be $400 more which is way too much. I am wondering if my TA could get it done.

I'm wondering if it can be done? And how to do it. Would love to have all of us together.

I'm really surprised that Carnival would even talk with you if you booked through a Travel Agent. Assuming your prepared for the fare difference from the IS to the OV, I'd suggest asking your TA to call the cruise line (again) and see if they will make the move. Technically, since you booked a guarantee, selecting a stateroom really isn't protocol, but it's worth a shot. Reality is that they can get more $ for the adjoining rooms and that's likely the reason Carnival turned you down.

Try again, reiterating that you're willing to pay the difference between the IS and the OV (keeping your current suite fare).

Archived