Buy Your Wine Cards Now, if you want one

LolaLemon

We're going to buy wine and bubblesd in SD prior to boarding Ms Ryndam on March 25. We are celebrating both of our birthdays (both Aries) as well as 35th anniversary!

This is only our second cruise, both on HAL. First one 30+ years ago, inland passage to Alaska, hated it, were bored but we were in our 20's

VBG

Now I think it will be wonderful!

You can bring on as much wine as you want.

Get a case if you'd like. You don't even have to pack it. You can just put it right through the xray and carry it onto the ship. Or, pack it in your luggage (or tag the case) and have the porters bring it to your room.

Happy drinking.

We will be sailing on HAL for the first time this summer to Alaska. I'm thinking hot coffee will be in order for the hours outside viewing the sites. How is the coffee onboard? I haven't had ANY good experiences with the coffee from other cruise lines. We'll be on the Zuiderdam if that makes any difference.
Pretty much standard "cafeteria type" coffee. But they do have specialty coffees (for an extra cost) in the Explorations Cafe. These are along the order of what you would get at your local Starbucks ... plus lattes and other specialty coffee drinks. I often would stop there in the afternoon for a brew and then take it over to the Ocean Bar where I would meet up with friends.

You can buy beverage cards for them too.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I have been pricing wine cards, wellness package and the suite amenities package for 2 days now.

No one mentioned the card was going away. But I have to say, as nice as everyone was I got 3 different answers about pricing on the suites amenities package.

Is there anyone that is the go to source for the purchases?

I have been pricing wine cards, wellness package and the suite amenities package for 2 days now.

No one mentioned the card was going away. But I have to say, as nice as everyone was I got 3 different answers about pricing on the suites amenities package.

Is there anyone that is the go to source for the purchases?

I do not know about others, but we PURCHASED the suite amenities for our 14 day Maasdam and the total was $584.00

Most here do not believe that because they are saysing $700+. Sorry about that folks, I have the receipt to prove it!

I was quoted $677 for 18 days, but one of our roll call members is on for 28 days and paying the same thing!

I would buy one but I can't see that it even breaks even yet.

This is what they sent me today:

suite amenities package 16 to 20 days $677.

28 to 32 days $743.

They didn't send other prices, the first two people I spoke to told me 28 days charged the same as 18 days. I think this should be revised where it is clear the fee is not more than ala carte. And it would also be nice if they all quoted the same prices. But I don't think anyone cares what I think!:rolleyes:

Because I got such different answers on this package I kept asking about the wine card. They were all on the same page but no one told me it was going to end.

Everyone was very polite although quoting from a different price sheet.

Are wines by the glass only at the bars and lounges, or can you buy wine by the glass in the dining room at dinner?

There are several wine stewards in the dining room and you can purchase wine by the glass or by the bottle.

On my recent (2/27/2009) Zuiderdam cruise Happy Hour was from 4 - 5 PM and it was 2 for 1, including beer and soda. The 2 had to be the exact same drink, so you either had to be thirsty or find someone to share with. I did both at different times. Ours was in the Crow's Nest and just outside the Crow's Nest on the Observation deck as well as in the Ocean bar. Before our cruise I contacted my personal cruise consultant and she did not have any knowledge that the wine and other cards were being discontinued, but that didn't surprise me. Drink cards were available onboard but couldn't be used at Happy Hour.

Bob

Odered our wine cards online last night on the HAL website, no problem.

Could it just be a rumor that they are discontinuing the wine cards?

YEP, some people on this board just love getting people excited with rumors.......

YEP, some people on this board just love getting people excited with rumors.......

HAL must love these types of rumors....I can imagine the sales of wine cards skyrocketed after this thread was posted. :)

Archived