Honfleur excursion

josumello

Josumello,

Yes you can easily do Honfleur on your own using taxis. We were there in September last year and docked on a Sunday. Together with another couple from our ship we used a taxi (there were plenty at the dock) and he took us to Honfleur. We stayed for about 6 hours. We organized for him to return around 3.30pm to where he dropped us off.

He was waiting for us and we paid him when he returned us to the ship. It cost us about 55 Euros a couple if I remember correctly. My husband can speak a little french, so he sat in the front seat and chatted to him on the way there and back.

Honfleur is a delightful town and we have great memories of that lovely day we spent in Honfleur.

Jennie

We did Honfleur, Deauville and Treauville (sp?) by taxi, and it was too fabulous for words. 5 of us went together in a van, so it was pretty cheap (I think about 50 Euros each excluding the wonderful seafood lunch we had outside in the harbor) and got us to a lot of places too.

Hope you enjoy it at much as I did,

Donna

We rented a car in Le Havre and went to Rouen, then Honfleur and back to Le Havre. The rent car was kind of expensive. Rouen is a medieval city with timbered buildings and gothic cathedrals. It is where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake. I think Rouen would be too far by taxi. We got to Honfleur in time for lunch at an outdoor cafe overlooking the harbor. We had time to walk around after lunch. Honfleur is very charming. We then crossed the Normandy Bridge back to Le Havre. The bridge is spectacular. Hertz didn't provide us with much of a map and it was pure luck that we found our way back to turn in the rent car. We were glad we went to Rouen but the whole process with the rent car and parking was a hassle. I agree with the others that Honfleur by taxi should be fine.

Archived