Couple of Questions

HappyStamper

I am not a frequent flyer preferring to drive whenever feasible.

I have not flown since the 311 rule went into effect. It here a limit to how much I can put in my quart bag as long as each container is 3 oz or less? Does it need to be a single thickness? Mine is stuffed pretty full with a double layer of stuff.

I have always had a suitcase to check in the past but this time I plan to just take a carry-on and purse. If I am not checking a bag and I have checked in online and printed my boarding pass can I skip the airline's counter and go straight to the security checkpoint and on to the boarding gate?

I am not a frequent flyer preferring to drive whenever feasible.

I have not flown since the 311 rule went into effect. It here a limit to how much I can put in my quart bag as long as each container is 3 oz or less? Does it need to be a single thickness? Mine is stuffed pretty full with a double layer of stuff.

I have always had a suitcase to check in the past but this time I plan to just take a carry-on and purse. If I am not checking a bag and I have checked in online and printed my boarding pass can I skip the airline's counter and go straight to the security checkpoint and on to the boarding gate?

You are able to put as many liquids that are 3oz. or less in your clear, quart-sized zip-lock bag. They must all fit in the bag and the bag must close. Since you (almost always) have to take the zip-lock bag out of your suitcase and put it through the x-ray separately, I find it easiest to put it in the front outside pocket of my suitcase (at least until I get through security). It's easier to open that pocket to get to the bag than having to go through your suitcase to get it.

If you have your boarding pass and are not checking bags you can go directly to security (and then on to the gate) with your boarding pass and photo id.

Does it need to be a single thickness?

No. (N.B. It appears likely that this rule will be relaxed this year.)

can I skip the airline's counter and go straight to the security checkpoint and on to the boarding gate?

Yes, with a photo ID.

Archived