If you lived in a port city or state?

frankhouse

Besides the sheer love of cruising, it is our vacation of choice for economic reasons. Flights for a family of four would be too much. We live in Orlando and always get to drive to our ports. I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but FL resident deals can be another great cost incentive. For instance DCL has some great fl res. deals going on now. I also love the fact that all i have to do is research cruises and not be bothered or stressed by having to book flights, car rentals, hotel stay, etc.. Unfortunately, one cruise a year is our max so far. Maybe after retirement we'll get to do more, but right now life seems to get in the way of more frequent cruising. After all, living in fl isn't the same as vacationing in fl. But we sure do love living here. :)

Yes!! We have done Boston to Bermuda like 4 times, but there are only so many times we can handle it, and the deals are not nearly as good as they are out of Florida.

It amazes me that DF lived in Florida for 8 years and never went on a cruise.

We moved to Bradenton, FL about 1 1/2 years ago and we are planning our first cruise since the move for Oct of this year. I love it here for many reasons other than just cruising. We moved down from NH. Yes, the insurance is more but the property taxes are A LOT less. I really do not miss anything yet. I have not been able to cruise because of the number of visitors we have had come down. All of my vacation time was eaten up with people coming here instead of me going anywhere....that is okay I feel like I pretty much live in paradise.

I LOVE the west coast of FL and cannot wait to drive 45 minutes to the port and not have to worry about missing our ship because of weather or airline issues! :)

I used to live in Tampa Florida but not anymore. :( My wife wants to move back so we can take advantage of cruise specials and save money by being able to drive to any of the many ports, completely illiminating the cost of flying. :) We would definitely cruise more often. ;) If you lived in a port city or state, would you cruise more than you do now? Should I fulfill my wife's dreams and move back? :confused:

I lived in Tampa for 10 yrs and loved it. Now, I live in Fort Myers--150 miles south. This area--Ft Myers, Naples,---is very convenient for cruising. We can drive up to Tampa in 2 hrs and Ft. Laud or Miami in 2 hrs. Pt Canaveral is about 4-5 hrs from here. That would be a very fun place to live, also!

If I lived IN a port city, I would cruise much more than I do now. Especially a Florida port....The deals are too good to pass up! I saw 5 nighters from $209 yesterday out of Port Canaveral....I'd go on a short cruise every 8 weeks or so!:D

I'm with Nutty!!! I'd cruise a whole bunch more!

Last year I got three weeks vacation and we went on 3 cruises. This year we have one scheduled in May and we are looking for one iin July and maybe one in Oct. I could not do this if we didn't live in Florida. We have cruised out of Miami 4 times and Port Canaveral and Tampa once each. The only time we flew was to Hawaii and we embarked in Honolulu.:D

We live less then ten minutes from the Port of San Diego, but for some reason only use it every couple of years, this being one of them. Going to give the Spirit a try. We tend to fly to the East Coast for most of our cruises. Will we move? No Way!

LOL! We normally fly across the nation also to cruise:D And no way would I live anywhere else then So Cal........

I have lived in Florida since I was 2yrs old ...pushing the big 50 now:o I grew up in Miami, lived in Key Largo for 10 years, and now live in Jensen Beach. I am 2 hours from Miami and Canaveral, 3 hours from Tampa and a little over 3 from JAX. I cruise at least once a year , if not 2 times. This is with my kids (single mom) I'll have 2 kids in college next year ..so that leaves one (12) to cruise with. It is getting cheaper by the year LOL:p

We're 3 hours from Mobile, 5 hours from New Orleans, 6 hours from Jacksonville, 7 hours from Tampa, 9 hours from Port Canaveral -

Can't get much better than that! So far we've cruised out of Port Canaveral twice, Mobile 4 times, Jacksonville once - planning to try Tampa this fall - and on and on!!!

Archived