Private Cabanas on Half Moon Cay

georgiapeach115

Hi everyone,

My mom and I are going to be on the Fascination out of Jacksonville on May 30. One of our stops is Half Moon Cay. We are thinking of renting one of the cabanas as my mom doesn't mix too well with the heat! Can you tell me how much Carnival rents one of the cabanas for and how long you get the cabana? I know there are only a limited number of them, so I am sure you don't get them for the whole day, right?

Thanks for any information you have!

Hi everyone,

My mom and I are going to be on the Fascination out of Jacksonville on May 30. One of our stops is Half Moon Cay. We are thinking of renting one of the cabanas as my mom doesn't mix too well with the heat! Can you tell me how much Carnival rents one of the cabanas for and how long you get the cabana? I know there are only a limited number of them, so I am sure you don't get them for the whole day, right?

Thanks for any information you have!

Yep, you get them for the whole day. I rented one when my mom and I stopped at Half Moon Cay and loved it so much that DH and I rented one on our next cruise that stopped there. Totally worth it to me to have my own little spot for the day. The price includes munchies, bottled water, sodas (your choice) in a fridge, air conditioner, 2 lounch chairs with mister fans next to them, a table and 4 chairs, floatie mats and snorkle gear. Here are some pics...

1582863780_Foodincabana.jpg.76267f7cb5fb84519905298f54c4ed35.jpg

410849236_MorecabanasatHMC.jpg.8b4bba876575b18376796d1dd547ccb1.jpg

1887996591_Bluecabana.jpg.2bea63662b692bef848d4556cf8e3402.jpg

935741011_TriumphfromHMCcabana.jpg.db096fbcef6fe1be692ca057b0e864da.jpg

Ok, thank you so much for your quick reply! Is it really hard to book one of them? I figure the best thing to do would be to book it as soon as we get on the ship, as the website won't let you pre-book.

You're so very welcome! They're not too hard to book - when I want one, I just camp out in front of the shore excursions desk after boarding. You'll probably want to ask the purser's desk when the excursion desk opens and plan accordingly. The first time (on the Triumph) they sold them in the order you were in line. (The folks in front of us got cabana #1, we got cabana #2 etc), but the second time (Imagination), you could request the one you wanted. I liked #2 so much we just booked it again. The lower the # the closer you are to the 'crowded' end of the beach, bathrooms, food etc. The higher the number, the further down the beach you are and the further from the crowds you are. Hope this helps!

We had #9 which was great,right by the bathrooms and the beach is less crowded. Others in our group had 1,2,3 etc. They had problems with people just walking up off the beach,trying to use their shower or float mats. Duh! You will love this cabana,best money spent on a cruise beach day

Check out the "Private Islands" section on the Ports of Call board. That's where the HMC threads can be found (and there are many about the cabanas).

I agree that #8 & #9 are a great location - close to the buffet, restrooms behind, away from the dock area and all the kiddies. Here's the view from in front of #8...

2594267840102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

There's also a short 360 video that DD took. Here's the link to my Fascination album on Webshots.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569291549JFupHa

We booked a cabana during our cruise on the Liberty this past September. We are so glad we did. It was 220.00 and worth every penny. We had #4 which was not too far from the buffet and the washrooms. We did have some people use our shower while we were in the water, but they just rinsed off and left again. It was nice to have some shade and a table near the beach to eat our lunch. We just brought our food back there to eat. We weren't all that hungry though because we were munching on the fruit, veggies and nachos which were provided. We loved half Moon cay and would go back there in a second!! A note though, we did not realize that we were supposed to check in at the excursions desk when we arrived on the island. We just went directly to the cabana. There was a mix up with the snorkel gear, but it was straightened up very quiclky. Enjoy!

Archived