Grand Class - Obstructed View

ladyjane550

I have stayed in E633 and E703. Neither had a too obstructed view. I think you are rolling the dice with any of the obstructed view rooms though. I would either upgrade or go with the least expensive inside. I certainly would not pay more for an obstructed view room. Both times we were in these we had been upgraded from the least expensive inside category. An obstructed view is not worth the money in my opinion, but nice as a free upgrade. I usually either go cheapest inside or nicest balcony I can afford. Come to think of it though... I would probably still have a fun time if they gave me the broom closet onboard for a week.

We just returned from the Caribbean Princess and had E216 - the view was NOT obstructed - but the lifeboat was there . It just was in a place that didn't really obstruct the view - this was an upgrade for us - we didn't book it or pay for it - but it was fine. We don't mind inside cabins at all - and we enjoyed the change - would I actually pay for it - NO

If you do pay for the "lowest" priced inside just be aware that that doesn't

mean you'll be upgraded to obstructed view automatically! Sometimes

the lowest priced inside is category K at $645 p.p., whereas the truly lowest

priced category is category M at $599 and sometimes Princess might have the

lowest priced category as JJ and charge $699, so yes, you will be upgraded to

obstructed view, and that's probably because obstructed view was selling at

$699 to begin with -- not perhaps when you originally booked, but possibly at

an earlier time.

Lots of people feel that any natural daylight is preferable over an inside cabin where you don't know night from day. Me personally? I like insides as well as

outsides and balconies.

Valid point SkarletOhara. I have booked least expensive inside guarantee and been assigned the least expensive inside room too. It was fine. Like I said, they could put me in the broom closet for all I care. Heck, I would even sleep on a sun lounger every night with no room... the rinse showers by the pool are way larger than any shower in a cabin anyway. I was not trying to infer that by booking the least expensive cabin you have a good chance of getting one of the obstructed view rooms. Never expect an upgrade. I just would not pay more for an obstructed view than an inside cabin.

We just had E301 (handicapped) fully obstructed cabin on the Grand Princess last week. The ship was sold out and it was offered to us 2 days before sailing with shipboard credit when they started shifting people - we had a lifeboat in front of our window but we could see thru the window area of the lifeboat and was perfectly happy with it for the price and the deal Princess gave us. I am one that likes to see daylight so it worked perfect for us.

Archived