Need help with ?s re triumph 4/12 cruise

mousey

We are hoping to sail on the Triumph on its 4/12/09 cruise to the Eastern Carribbean. I have a few questions and would appreciate any responses.:)

1. What are the temperatures like in April in the Eastern Carribbean?

2. Does the Triumph have midnight buffets? If so, how many?

3. What about chocolate buffet? Do they have one?

4. What about "formal nights", I've heard they have two. When are they?

5. In Puerto Rico they dock at 5:00. We will be traveling with our 13 1/2 yr old DS. Will he be able to ride a Segway, or is there an age limit?

6. Our last three cruises have been with NCL. They have a very, very liberal dress code. Can the DS wear a collared shirt and nice jeans to casual night dinners in the dining rooms? No problem, if he can't. Just curious. (Please, no responses about how you hate to see anyone wear jeans at dinner. I know how people feel, I just want to know if he can wear them.

That's it for now. Thanks to any responders!:D

Early to mid 80's is a good place to start.

They may have one midnight buffet during a 7-day cruise, but I don't believe it would be a big deal like the old days.

I'll pass on that because I don't know. I'll say that I don't think so.

7 day cruises typically have two formal nights on the Sea Days. It looks like your itinerary has three sea days, so it will be two of them.

5. In Puerto Rico they dock at 5:00. We will be traveling with our 13 1/2 yr old DS. Will he be able to ride a Segway, or is there an age limit?

I think the minimium is 10, so he should be fine, but check with the cruise line's shore excursion dept. before booking (assuming you book it through them).

6. Our last three cruises have been with NCL. They have a very, very liberal dress code. Can the DS wear a collared shirt and nice jeans to casual night dinners in the dining rooms? No problem, if he can't. Just curious.

That's allowed, sure, as long as the jeans aren't cut-offs, have holes, or something like that.

Early to mid 80's is a good place to start.

They may have one midnight buffet during a 7-day cruise, but I don't believe it would be a big deal like the old days.

I'll pass on that because I don't know. I'll say that I don't think so.

7 day cruises typically have two formal nights on the Sea Days. It looks like your itinerary has three sea days, so it will be two of them.

I think the minimium is 10, so he should be fine, but check with the cruise line's shore excursion dept. before booking (assuming you book it through them).

6. Our last three cruises have been with NCL. They have a very, very liberal dress code. Can the DS wear a collared shirt and nice jeans to casual night dinners in the dining rooms? No problem, if he can't. Just curious.

That's allowed, sure, as long as the jeans aren't cut-offs, have holes, or something like that.

Thanks for the quick response! :D If you're still there, my SIL just called and wants to know if adults can wear nice jeans. I told her I did on NCL with nice tops and heels, but not sure about Carnival. Thanks again!:)

Archived