Norwegian Star Alaska!

Bocadude85

You will love it! We sailed on the Star last May in an AE suite...loved, loved, loved it! We felt very pampered and well taken care of! So much so, we are going again in June! :D

Yea we can not wait!! The only thing I am worried about is that we will not get the kind of service everyone else gets because of our age. I am sure there is no reason for me to be worried but I just hate to spend this kind of money and to not have the great service I hear so much about.

Yea we can not wait!! The only thing I am worried about is that we will not get the kind of service everyone else gets because of our age. I am sure there is no reason for me to be worried but I just hate to spend this kind of money and to not have the great service I hear so much about.

I do not think that you will have any problems due to age. At least I hope not. We are both in our mid 20's and will have our three children with us as well as my parents will be in a connecting minisuite to our AB. I am just hoping that the concierge doesn't have a problem with my parents joining us for breakfast once or twice at Cagney's. If not then we will just order the food for room service and all eat in the suite.

Bocadude.. I'm not for sure what you mean by that? Are you worried you will not get great service because you are too young? I honestly don't think that will be an issue at all. I hate to say it this way, but every one's money spends just the same. I am very sure the crew will treat you great no matter young or old.

I do not think that you will have any problems due to age. At least I hope not. We are both in our mid 20's and will have our three children with us as well as my parents will be in a connecting minisuite to our AB. I am just hoping that the concierge doesn't have a problem with my parents joining us for breakfast once or twice at Cagney's. If not then we will just order the food for room service and all eat in the suite.

I really hope they do let your parents eat with you in Cagneys. I know not every one will agree with that, and I know it is true, it can get out of hand.. I have read where people say if they let you with two extra why not let someone with 15 family members onboard. But Im sorry.. I see a huge difference in two or three extra and 15. We thought we were going to be faced with this situtation on our next Alaskan cruise which will be in 2010, but come to find out my "in-laws" want a bigger suite than we do.. LOL.

OK..so Tracy Arm was not available last year at that time and then it looked like it wasn't available this time either.:( I thought it would be because we are going in June, but it was not listed as one of the excursions for our sailing. I called NCL about a week ago and they confirmed it was not available.:mad:

Then I heard from someone else that it is available on their sailing which is a week before ours. So I got on the phone and called NCL again...and guess what? It IS available and I booked it!!! I am soooo excited!! :D

I can't find the tracy arm tour!

Bocadude.. I'm not for sure what you mean by that? Are you worried you will not get great service because you are too young? I honestly don't think that will be an issue at all. I hate to say it this way, but every one's money spends just the same. I am very sure the crew will treat you great no matter young or old.

I really hope they do let your parents eat with you in Cagneys. I know not every one will agree with that, and I know it is true, it can get out of hand.. I have read where people say if they let you with two extra why not let someone with 15 family members onboard. But Im sorry.. I see a huge difference in two or three extra and 15. We thought we were going to be faced with this situtation on our next Alaskan cruise which will be in 2010, but come to find out my "in-laws" want a bigger suite than we do.. LOL.

Im sure it won't be a issue, Ive just had some bad experiences with service and I know age was a factor.

Hi, suzyed, it's me again! A little off topic, but I remember reading that on your cruise last year you had an AE on the Star. Did you book an AE for this year? We were in AE 8170 for our cruise to Alaska in 2006 and enjoyed it tremendously. This year, however, we need 2 bedrooms so we've booked an AB.

What other excursions are you planning for this year? Also, do you happen to know who the Hotel Director is on the Star? Thanks!

We were in 8172 last year. Loved it! This year we booked 8170! How was the little wrap around deck? :)

We met the hotel director at our M&M last year, but, sorry, I can't remember his name. I believe he had a scottish or irish accent.

I am dying to know who the concierge will be. We had the very fabulous Simone last year, but I hear she will not be on the Star until the week after we sail. :(

I am still trying to decide on shore excursions...I was looking at one in Skagway, that takes us around the town, then to the brewery, and then the WP railway. I am pretty sure we will be doing the whale watching in Prince Rupert. Some new friends we met onboard last year, saw lots of whales(orca and humpbacks) in Prince Rupert!

What excursions are you looking at?

Im sure it won't be a issue, Ive just had some bad experiences with service and I know age was a factor.

Are you old or young?? I hope there is no difference in service due to age..I guess I just wouldnt have even thought of that. :(

We were in 8172 last year. Loved it! This year we booked 8170! How was the little wrap around deck? :)

We met the hotel director at our M&M last year, but, sorry, I can't remember his name. I believe he had a scottish or irish accent.

I am dying to know who the concierge will be. We had the very fabulous Simone last year, but I hear she will not be on the Star until the week after we sail. :(

I am still trying to decide on shore excursions...I was looking at one in Skagway, that takes us around the town, then to the brewery, and then the WP railway. I am pretty sure we will be doing the whale watching in Prince Rupert. Some new friends we met onboard last year, saw lots of whales(orca and humpbacks) in Prince Rupert!

When are you sailing? Simmone is onboard her right now I think.

I have read many good things about the Whale Watching tour out of PR. One thing I have read though that it is a very rough ride on a very small boat. Small compared to other water tours, that is. I hope on our next Alaskan cruise we get to see the whales breaching. I think when I see that I will be able to say I have seen every thing, sea life that is, that I want to see.

Oh.. and the wrap around balcony. It is WONDERFUL.. especially for Alaska. I don't know if you know this or not, but there isn't room on the wrap around part to put a chair and sit, but there is plenty of room to stand and enjoy the undescribable views you will have and a great place to take video and pictures.

I can't find the tracy arm tour!

Just call the excursion desk and ask: 866-625-1167. I had to call twice before I was able to book it...so if they tell you "no" then call back and talk to someone else. ;) Make sure to give your email address, so they can send you confirmation.

When are you sailing? Simmone is onboard her right now I think.

I have read many good things about the Whale Watching tour out of PR. One thing I have read though that it is a very rough ride on a very small boat. Small compared to other water tours, that is. I hope on our next Alaskan cruise we get to see the whales breaching. I think when I see that I will be able to say I have seen every thing, sea life that is, that I want to see.

Oh.. and the wrap around balcony. It is WONDERFUL.. especially for Alaska. I don't know if you know this or not, but there isn't room on the wrap around part to put a chair and sit, but there is plenty of room to stand and enjoy the undescribable views you will have and a great place to take video and pictures.

Gotcha! Knew that, but thanks for telling me again! We were thinking it would be great for picture taking....can't wait! ;)

We are sailing on June 6th and the ships coordinator said that Simone would not be back on the Star until June 13th. :mad: We even considered changing our sailing to the next week, but we didn't want to pay the $200 difference in fare.

I'm booked 8176. someone said something about a framed balcony. Is 8176 a framed balcony? From what i can tell, i have a great spot just wondering about the balcony now.

It showed up in the general excursions for Juneau but it didn't show up for our cruise so I had to call the excursion desk and request it.

I called earlier today on that very same excursion and it is not currently being offered on our May 2nd sailing. I don't know when they are starting the excursion. It probably depends on the amount of ice as the cruise season gets closer.

I called earlier today on that very same excursion and it is not currently being offered on our May 2nd sailing. I don't know when they are starting the excursion. It probably depends on the amount of ice as the cruise season gets closer.

That's probably true...it wasn't offered on our May 5th cruise last year...I guess too early in the season. :(

Gotcha! Knew that, but thanks for telling me again! We were thinking it would be great for picture taking....can't wait! ;)

We are sailing on June 6th and the ships coordinator said that Simone would not be back on the Star until June 13th. :mad: We even considered changing our sailing to the next week, but we didn't want to pay the $200 difference in fare.

I gotcha. She is great. But I don't know if I would pay the 200 either.

Hi again, Suzyed! We loved the wrap around balcony even though it wasn't huge, it increased our viewing tremendously.

We had a wonderful concierge (Alex) in 2006 & 2007 but last year Alex was gone and we had Lisa Meyer. After being spoiled by Alex for 2 years, we had a rather disappointing time with Lisa. In fact, she really didn't even contact us until the cruise was almost over. We did see her at breakfast almost every morning in Cagney's, but only to chit-chat.

We are renting a car in Skagway and of course :D the Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer in Juneau, but since my brother & sister-in-law are joining us this year, we want to see what else they might like to do.

suite8170_10.jpg.59ad8822df301a1589e3ca61524c958e.jpg

suite8170_11.jpg.3d5aeb3e3076da2df90006b21fe27c22.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg.2f51be4bb3aeb7df39c4e9e933d7cb72.jpg

IMG_3436.jpg.3ea787d711e78e4f5b80da816d9c4894.jpg

Are you old or young?? I hope there is no difference in service due to age..I guess I just wouldnt have even thought of that. :(

I would think that age wouldn't make a difference. But, now, attitude can make a BIG difference. Be kind, be friendly and get to know your room stewards, servers in the restaurants, concierge & butler. They all work extremely hard and really appreciate a kind word and a little respect!:)

I know we've all seen a few passengers who are overly demanding and always complain and never have a nice thing to say--oops, man overboard!:D

Hi again, Suzyed! We loved the wrap around balcony even though it wasn't huge, it increased our viewing tremendously.

We had a wonderful concierge (Alex) in 2006 & 2007 but last year Alex was gone and we had Lisa Meyer. After being spoiled by Alex for 2 years, we had a rather disappointing time with Lisa. In fact, she really didn't even contact us until the cruise was almost over. We did see her at breakfast almost every morning in Cagney's, but only to chit-chat.

We are renting a car in Skagway and of course :D the Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer in Juneau, but since my brother & sister-in-law are joining us this year, we want to see what else they might like to do.

Is that your DH lounging in the chair? It could almost be my DH...even the way his arms are positioned...lol! Men are funny! ;)

I would think that age wouldn't make a difference. But, now, attitude can make a BIG difference. Be kind, be friendly and get to know your room stewards, servers in the restaurants, concierge & butler. They all work extremely hard and really appreciate a kind word and a little respect!:)

I know we've all seen a few passengers who are overly demanding and always complain and never have a nice thing to say--oops, man overboard!:D

I agree 100% attitude makes a big difference.

Is that your DH lounging in the chair? It could almost be my DH...even the way his arms are positioned...lol! Men are funny! ;)

Did they have loungers on the AE balcony when you cruised on the Star last year? Someone indicated they thought they had just the smaller chairs and not the loungers.

Oh, and congrats, Susan, on your weight loss! That's great!:) I need to get serious and start getting more exercise--it seems like I can always find an excuse:o!!!

Archived