List your favorite main dining room meals

skay

Definitely the stuffed mushroom appetizers. I never order two because I want to leave room for the main course and then always get mad because they were so good I should have ordered two :D.

Love the prime rib and the lamb.

Tried the cheese plate last time after dinner instead of a sweet dessert and it was very nice.

I like to order things I would never order going to a restaurant at home.

Some have already said the baby back ribs. My daughter ordered these on the last night and everybody at the table wished they had ordered them. She said it was the best offering of the entire week. She was laughing because every time she reached for a bone, the meat just fell off and she just had a bare bone in her hand. It came with fries and cole slaw. This is not something I would order on a cruise because almost every restaurant at home has ribs, but I will get them the next time.

On my first Carnival 7 night cruise, I only saw the baby back ribs once on the dinner menu - the first night. I never saw them again at lunch or dinner. Can they be ordered "off the menu" on another night? They conflict with the sweet & sour shrimp the first night, which I love, but there's no way I can have both in one sitting.

Yes. My husband likes their fish dishes a lot. What I have had off the Spa menu has been quite good, though I don't remember the specifics off hand.
THAT memorable, huh? LOL. J/K. Thanks for your reply.

On my first Carnival 7 night cruise, I only saw the baby back ribs once on the dinner menu - the first night. I never saw them again at lunch or dinner. Can they be ordered "off the menu" on another night? They conflict with the sweet & sour shrimp the first night, which I love, but there's no way I can have both in one sitting.
So there are some things that are only on the menu one time, like the ribs, and others that are available every night? Is lobster the other thing that's only served once, while the steaks are served every night?

So there are some things that are only on the menu one time, like the ribs, and others that are available every night? Is lobster the other thing that's only served once, while the steaks are served every night?

Yes lobster is served only once, usually the 1st elegant night, and I have always seen steak of some type each night.

Does anyone know if they serve Lobster on the 5 day Holiday cruises out of Mobile? Thanks.

Oh, by the way. My favorite are the steaks, baked potato's, ceasar salad, and of course warm chocolate melting cake, again and agian and again and ag!!!!!!!

I was on the Holiday last March, and they had lobster and prime rib on formal night. Actually, I ordered both!

We've pretty much been through the dining room dress code ins/outs, do's/donts, etc. Now, how about listing your favorites from the main dining room menu. :)

Gazpacho soup

Lobster Bisque

All the lamb dishes

Lobster

Oysters Rockefeller

chocolate melting cake

jpg1747

We were on the Valor a couple of years ago and they had baby backs for lunch one day - I can't remember which day and they were just as good as the ones in the evening. If the Conquest has them for lunch one day in April I'll let you know what day it's going to be served.

The French Toast or Eggs Benedict for breakfast...HANDS DOWN!

Dinner, we love the sweet and sour shrimp of course, and like many others I always try the chilled soups because I would more than likely not make that at home and very few restaurants that I go to serve it!

If I'm not mistaken (and this shows I have been on too many CCL cruises), the ribs are at lunch the 1st sea day on a 7 day cruise. Wow....I need to change lines. I have memorized the menus. blah.

Prime Rib - 2 of them

Lobster (3)- as well as a Steak or 2 on the same night . Needless to say I am not good for anything the rest of the night an into the morning .

The Tiger Shrimp cocktails were very , very good , and large on the Sensation last Sept.

The same can not be said of the size on the Liberty the past 2 years , they were more like salad shrimp size .

And I love the omelettes (made to order) for breakfast, well done .

Yum. Can't wait for my cruise. I will have to do some research as it is a short one and I am not sure about the menu...it all sounds so good!
I have to stay away from this thread (even though I started it. LOL) It makes me hungry every time I read through it. :D

Skay-My teen daughter had a salmon dish from the Spa menu...excellent! Large piece of salmon and broiled with a citrus sauce.

Off of the "bad" menu-

French Onion Soup

Fried Shrimp App

Stuffed Mushrooms

Lobster!

Choc Melting Cake

Apple,Caramel tart..the sauce was the best part! Buttery and gooey caramel.

For lunch in the dining room, my favorite is Chicken Parmigiana. It's so tender and perfectly seasoned! I don't always see it offered, but a few times, I have had Veal Parmigiana for dinner. It is superb! I enjoy the lobster, too. Tasty desserts abound on any cruise, but my personal favorite is the strawberry cheesecake served at the coffee shop. Add a caramel latte to that, and I'm in heaven! :D

And as others have said, anything served in the Supper Club is fabulous! Especially the prime rib chop. :)

Skay-My teen daughter had a salmon dish from the Spa menu...excellent! Large piece of salmon and broiled with a citrus sauce.

Off of the "bad" menu-

French Onion Soup

Fried Shrimp App

Stuffed Mushrooms

Lobster!

Choc Melting Cake

Apple,Caramel tart..the sauce was the best part! Buttery and gooey caramel.

Thanks, Cali. I love salmon. I know I'm going to have that at least one night.

Lobster is typically only one night per cruise, of any duration on Carnival. You may well see lobster bisque offered later.

I pretty much like it all..

Here are some menus and food pics from last summer. As of early December, the menus had not changed other than a caveat that after dinner drinks may not be free - as in the ones with alcohol:

Lobster is typically only one night per cruise, of any duration on Carnival. You may well see lobster bisque offered later.

Here are some menus and food pics from last summer. As of early December, the menus had not changed other than a caveat that after dinner drinks may not be free - as in the ones with alcohol:

I just wanted to thank you for providing all those "good enough to eat" photos in your online albums. You must be a professional photographer! I didn't look through every album (yet), but in the ones I did, I noticed several menu items that I had wondered about but never ordered. Now, I know what to order when I'm not sure what it is! Thanks! Can't wait till my next cruise (March 22), when I can order some of the foods in your photos. :)

WOW! happy0064.gifhappy0005.gifhappy0065.gifhappy0030.gifhappy0045.gif

Archived