Luggage storage space on Gem

Sandyshore

I've read many posters who said they stored their luggage underneath the beds. What if the suitcase just doesn't fit? I'd hate to take up closet space trying to store it in there. Can the cabin steward stow it somewhere and bring it back the last night for packing? Years ago on Celebrity this was what we had to do. I'll be on the Gem Wednesday in a BC balcony and better get packing soon! :eek:

I've read many posters who said they stored their luggage underneath the beds. What if the suitcase just doesn't fit? I'd hate to take up closet space trying to store it in there. Can the cabin steward stow it somewhere and bring it back the last night for packing? Years ago on Celebrity this was what we had to do. I'll be on the Gem Wednesday in a BC balcony and better get packing soon! :eek:

yes they can but unless you have a steamer trunk they will easily fit under the bed...If you bag fits on a plane it will fit under your bed...

yes they can but unless you have a steamer trunk they will easily fit under the bed...If you bag fits on a plane it will fit under your bed...

That's the tricky part --- I'm sailing from NY (home port) so I wanted to use a suitcase that's no longer acceptable to the airlines. It's about 11 inches high, which in retrospect doesn't seem so high, but it didn't fit under the bed on Celebrity's Zenith.

That's the tricky part --- I'm sailing from NY (home port) so I wanted to use a suitcase that's no longer acceptable to the airlines. It's about 11 inches high, which in retrospect doesn't seem so high, but it didn't fit under the bed on Celebrity's Zenith.

When I sail from NY I use my suitcase known in my family as the "Bag that ate Cleveland" (no offense to Cleveland). It fit under the bed. I also put under there a rolling satchel that is actually deeper than the suitcase and it is a little more of a squeeze, but it fits. I love sailing from NY and not having to worry about packing too much. Enjoy!!!!

When I sail from NY I use my suitcase known in my family as the "Bag that ate Cleveland" (no offense to Cleveland). It fit under the bed. I also put under there a rolling satchel that is actually deeper than the suitcase and it is a little more of a squeeze, but it fits. I love sailing from NY and not having to worry about packing too much. Enjoy!!!!

LOL - that's why I love sailing from NY too. :D And I love this suitcase 'cause it packs like a trunk.

I had no problem on the Gem with my LARGE suitcases!! Fit fine....but you have an alternative..you can slide them under open flat (added bonus..just toss in your laundry!

That's a great idea! Thanks for the help. :)

Archived