Paradise Ensenada gold Coast tour or Rosaritos Beach Club

oysterfiend

:confused:Interested in both tours,

Will be on May 4-8 4 night Baja cruise

Want feedback please-

We like the coast and beaches but not sure about the reviews Ive read on tripadvisor regarding groping and Manhandling at Rosarito beach club,

We are early 50 's and past booze scene,

Is the beach swimmable and will it be too cold to swim in first week of May,

Anyone done any of these two tours ,

Please respond if you can:confused:

I am not a fan of getting off the ship in Ensendada. Have done it once and I was scared. We had gone into the town with a group on a bus type vehicle. When we went back to the ship, it was just the two of us. Caught a cab and the driver started driving totally the wrong direction from the ship. I thought we were finished. Luckily, we did make it back to the ship. He just wanted to show us some scenery. Probably added to his fare base. If you do go on a tour, I would strongly advise using a Carnival one. No problem with Catalina Island. It is very safe.

I am not a fan of getting off the ship in Ensendada. Have done it once and I was scared. We had gone into the town with a group on a bus type vehicle. When we went back to the ship, it was just the two of us. Caught a cab and the driver started driving totally the wrong direction from the ship. I thought we were finished. Luckily, we did make it back to the ship. He just wanted to show us some scenery. Probably added to his fare base. If you do go on a tour, I would strongly advise using a Carnival one. No problem with Catalina Island. It is very safe.

thank for responding and the advise,

I was more inclined to the Gold Coast tour out of town on a carnival ship tour so we can look about without being hassled and get back to ship okay- its only 3 1/2 hours so enough to get up and do something but still be relaxing

Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near Rosarito beach. They are having nothing but problems down there right now........

:eek:I was just going to say the same thing.....Although i am going to attempt going over the boarder in a few weeks, just to grab a few items.

I wouldn't swim in the water in Rosarito:(

:eek:I was just going to say the same thing.....Although i am going to attempt going over the boarder in a few weeks, just to grab a few items.

I wouldn't swim in the water in Rosarito:(

Why wouldn't you swim in the water? Just because of the violence or is it not clean?

I am just starting looking around at this sailing because we just booked a trip coming soon, so any info you have would be great!

I would recommend the wine country tour. This is a very nice bus ride for about 45 minutes to a nice valley northeast of Ensenada. The two wineries are fun to visit, very beautiful, and the wine is actually half decent (coming from someone who collects wine and regularly visits the Napa Valley). They give you a free bottle at one of the wineries which I have always been allowed to take back on the ship.

I would recommend the wine country tour. This is a very nice bus ride for about 45 minutes to a nice valley northeast of Ensenada. The two wineries are fun to visit, very beautiful, and the wine is actually half decent (coming from someone who collects wine and regularly visits the Napa Valley). They give you a free bottle at one of the wineries which I have always been allowed to take back on the ship.

Thanks for your help- I was tempted by wine tour but we are

Doing a Solvang/winetour from Santa Barbara when on Sapphire Princess 9-16 May so we have opted for the Gold Coast tour

Thanks for your help- I was tempted by wine tour but we are

Doing a Solvang/winetour from Santa Barbara when on Sapphire Princess 9-16 May so we have opted for the Gold Coast tour

Ever seen the movie "Sideways"? Check it out before you go on that Solvang/SB wine tour...you'll get a kick out of it!

Archived