Any info on FLL Doubletree Oceanview?

robloo

Have you checked out Tripadvisors?

I had booked a hotel in Orlando and when I read the reviews on that hotel they were all bad-- all 3 of those--lol I was stressed to the max about booking a bad hotel. We checked in and went to the room- everything those people complained about was not founded at all. People have different ideas what a hotel should be like...If you are expecting a 5 star quality in your hotel choice you will be greatly disappointed= and put out a bad review. Also- People who have bad times post more imes then the ones who have good times.

Robloo,
I have stayed at this hotel in the past and it is fine. It is not the Ritz Carlton but its not the Days Inn either. The rooms were clean and staff was very good.
It is an older hotel built in the late 1970's I beleive but has been remodled a couple of times.
The elevators are small and slow but they do the job.
The chocolate chip cookies are free and delicious.
As long as you go with realistic expectations you will have a good time.
mcboo

Thank you so much for reply. I had seen TripAdvisor and read mixed reviews. But I guess it is like a cruise...positive people make the most of every situation and negative people have a bad time!!! Thanks again.

Hi robloo,
My wife and I stayed there last year in December. The hotel is just fine. It is a little older. For instance, the windows of the oceanview room we had were fogged up a bit from the thermopane seal being broken. I've heard quieter A/C units, but I've also heard much louder. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. There is a pool & whirlpool & small gym, none of which seemed used very much during our stay.

The beach is directly across the street as with all properties in that immediate area other than the Sheraton that is directly on the beach. There are gift shops, many restaurants(8 or so) including Sloppy Joes, Hooters & many more along that same theme. There's even a Mc Donalds. Many of the Restaurants offer 2 to 3 story open air views of the ocean while your dining within 2 to 3 blocks of the DT right on the beachfront. The area is well celebrated and popular at night. I think you'll like it! For a 3 star it's the best as far as location. I am staying at the Sheraton on the beach in 2 weeks and will be walking by the Doubletree to get to all the fun. I still have fond memories of my stay at the Double Tree.
Have FUN!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='robloo']I won Doubletree oceanview on Priceline, but have seen mixed reviews on other sites. Has anyone stayed here before? Any comments? Thanks![/QUOTE]
When are you staying? We will be there the night of 1/27/05 prior to a weekend cruise on Majesty of the Seas.

For us it is an award night. All available Hilton properties were category 3 and above. DT looked the best of the Cat 3's. Hopefully my HH Diamond status gets us an UG to Oceanview. :)

We stayed there last Feb. for a pre-cruise night...won it on Priceline for $48. I, too, was worried about this hotel because of the reviews I had read. But it turned out to be just fine. We had 4 rooms booked and all of them showed some wear, but were clean and comfortable. I wouldn't have wanted to pay the $190/nite they were quoting walk ups to the front desk, but for $48 it was great! NO complaints from our 12 family members. Great location too. Have a great time.

[quote name='BamaVol']When are you staying? We will be there the night of 1/27/05 prior to a weekend cruise on Majesty of the Seas.

For us it is an award night. All available Hilton properties were category 3 and above. DT looked the best of the Cat 3's. Hopefully my HH Diamond status gets us an UG to Oceanview. :)[/QUOTE][font=Palatino Linotype][color=darkorchid]As someone who works with award stays, be sure to contact the [color=green]DT[/color] and let them know your wishes, being an awards stay will have some play but being a DIA will also ...[/color][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#9932cc]Have a great time on your cruise and let us know what you think of both the cruise and the [color=green]DoubleTree [/color][color=darkorchid]...[/color][/color][/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype][color=#9932cc]Candy[/color][/font]

We stayed there last Jan. and won it off of priceline.

Like everyone else has stated this hotel is old, and it does show signs of wear.

Our room, didn't feel clean to us. We had a balcony and the chairs on the balcony were extremely filthy. We asked they be cleaned never happened. We could have done it ourselves matter of fact we tried, but it was too dirty. Bird poop ect. Chairs needed replacing, or at least removed for a thorough cleaning.
Front desk staff at checkin weren't friendly. The night staff was the best.

Overall I was disappointed since I'm a fan of the Doubletree Brand and I know what their quality of standard is, this was not. I left a comment card. Manager called me 3 days later and offered a free night next time we are in FLL. We will stay there again in Jan. because it's free, and we always give an establishment a 2 visit rule unless visit 1 was so horrible.

Archived