Bringing your own wine questions

southt00

Hello! If you bring your own wine, how do you bring it to the dining room? We aren't used to that kinda practise and feel a bit uncomfortable leaving our cabin with a bottle tucked under our arm.

Also, we have friends travelling in a suite. Can they arrange to have their concierge bring the wine to the dining room on their behalf?

Thanks!

Yes the concierge in the Neptune can have the wine sent down. Or you can take the wine by the dining room at any time and they will have it available at your table. It is just wonderful. Have a great time!!!! Cherie

Yes the concierge in the Neptune can have the wine sent down. Or you can take the wine by the dining room at any time and they will have it available at your table. It is just wonderful. Have a great time!!!! Cherie

What about with flexible dining, when you don't have an assigned table every night?

You can bring a bottle of wine to the dining room earlier in the day. The dinner menus are posted after lunch so you might like to have a look and see what appeals to you for dinner and then select your wine early. i believe in the suites they recieve copies of the dinner menu in the morning.

I have also asked the cabin steward if he could see that a bottle of wine made it to the dining room for me. (Of course I slipped him a few dollars for his troubles)

There are also some very nice wine gift bags that you could purchase and use yourself for transporting your wine from your cabin to the dining room. this is a little nicer than a brown paper bag. :p They do disguise your wine a little.

I am sure you will find a way to get your wine to the dining room that you are comfortable with.

Enjoy your cruise and your wine.

Rochelle

What about with flexible dining, when you don't have an assigned table every night?

I believe when your wine is dropped off at the dining room it is tagged with your cabin number and they can retrieve it by letting your server know that you have a bottle of wine there. This would be similar to if you had a bottle of wine that was not finished on one evening being re-corked and then brought out again when you request it. No worries, if you have open seating your wine will find its way to you.

Rochelle

Hello! If you bring your own wine, how do you bring it to the dining room? We aren't used to that kinda practise and feel a bit uncomfortable leaving our cabin with a bottle tucked under our arm.

We used the handy HAL tote bag to bring our wine to the dining room and PG. Our room steward provided an ice bucket (we didn't even need to ask) so we chilled our wine during the day and just brought it with us (we had AYWD).

No corkage fee? What about doing this on Carnival?

There is a corkage. We paid 15.00/bottle brought to the DR. I read on this board that it may have increased to 18.00/bottle. I have a number of very nice wines at home that I have purchased or was given as a gift. This gives us an occasion to open them. I do not mind the corkage. By the way, no corkage in your own room. We kept one opened in our room to enjoy in the early evening before dinner and took one white, one red to the DR. What we did not drink would appear on our table each night. This was very enjoyable for us.

I don't know about Carnival.

I believe when your wine is dropped off at the dining room it is tagged with your cabin number and they can retrieve it by letting your server know that you have a bottle of wine there. This would be similar to if you had a bottle of wine that was not finished on one evening being re-corked and then brought out again when you request it. No worries, if you have open seating your wine will find its way to you.

Rochelle

Thanks for the info!

Maybe we are low class, but we just picked out a really nice bottle and walked to the DR with the bottle under our arm. Nothing compliments my outfit as well as a nice bottle of Silver Oak or a great bottle of Champagne. Nobody gave us even a second glance.

You are so right. Funny how everything in my closet goes with a bottle of Silver Oak.

images.jpg

Maybe we are low class, but we just picked out a really nice bottle and walked to the DR with the bottle under our arm. Nothing compliments my outfit as well as a nice bottle of Silver Oak or a great bottle of Champagne. Nobody gave us even a second glance.

I like your kinda class wherever it ranks!!

• 4 weeks later...

hi there

about the alcohol policy, when we were sailing with holland america in the caribbean over december we brought back some rum on the ship from barbados but they didnt take it off us as i thought they would? i put it through security and picked it up and went up to my room. i thought their policy was to hold all alcohol except champagne and wine and then deliver it to you once the cruise was over. or are you meant to declare it?

Archived