Coral Breezes to Caye Caulker

amy2313

We are going to be in Belize in March from 8am - 5pm and are thinking about booking with Coral Breezes to go to Caye Caulker and snorkeling. We are a little nervous about the timing and making it back to the ship. On their website it says their tour leaves at 9am (first, is this even ship time or Belize time?) and we are due to get to Belize at 8am. Has anyone done this tour (includes snorkel stop at Sting Ray Alley) and will we be ok about timing?

I'm sorry, I can't answer your question. But, I'm just beginning to research Belize. I'm curious, what is the website for Coral Breezes? Thanks. I hope to find out as well. I saved the Eco Tours website and a water taxi website to Caye Caulker ; not sure what we are doing yet.

DW and I did this last year and had a wonderful time. You have to tender to port, so the tour is in really no hurry to leave. They want to make sure that all of the folks that have booked with them are there, plus have a bit of time to see if anyone else wants to go. They are well aware of the ships schedule and will get you back in plenty of time to catch a tender back to the ship. Cay Caulker is a nice, friendly, laid-back place that we really enjoyed. We ate lunch there then toured the island by golf cart. We really enjoyed snorkeling the reef and seeing the rays. It was a great excursion and the guides were really nice. I would recommend considering it as excursion option.

I saw another question on Coral Breeze tours and Caye Caulker. We sailed on IOS in January and used Coral Breeze to go to Caye Caulker. We were dropped off there and rented a gof cart to tour the island. We would have stayed on the boat to snorkel, but for us, the water was too cool. From our experience, they are professional, organized, and realize cruise passengers are worried about timing. Their schedule is on their website and they follow it. I would use them again without question.

• 2 weeks later...
We are going to be in Belize in March from 8am - 5pm and are thinking about booking with Coral Breezes to go to Caye Caulker and snorkeling. We are a little nervous about the timing and making it back to the ship. On their website it says their tour leaves at 9am (first, is this even ship time or Belize time?) and we are due to get to Belize at 8am. Has anyone done this tour (includes snorkel stop at Sting Ray Alley) and will we be ok about timing?

I just booked Coral Breeze for the trip to Caye Caulker for March 20th on the Miracle.

All the reviews I found for Coral Breeze are positive.

We used Coral Breeze last March to Caye Caulker and did the shark/ray snorkeling. It was a great trip. You meet in front of Wet Lizard at the Hammerhead tours area. They wait for everyone to get off the ships. We didn't get to get off on one of the first tenders. We snorkeled two places (didn't see any sharks,but saw lots of rays, octopus, moray eel, barracuda, and more! ) ate lunch, and then walked around Caye Caulker. We got back in plenty of time to have drinks at the Wet Lizard and even shopped some. Loved the tour guide "Hennie" (spelling?)..she is from Caye Caulker and tells a lot about the area. We will be back again in March on the Spirit and may use them again. Usually we try to do something different when we go back to a port, but really enjoyed Caye Caulker!

Archived