Need recommendation for Beach in Martinique

NAHA

• 1 year later...

Hi Mary,

I followed your question about beaches in Martinique, unfortunatelly no repley :( Have you been on Martinique now and if, what was the best beach to go to?

greetings

Ingrid

Netherlands

Les Salines is the prettiest beach on the island. La Marin is the 2nd pretties beach on the island. No snorkeling, but beautiful and relaixng.

Take the Ferry to Pointe du Bout (pronounced Booo) and rent a vehicle there. It will save you a lot of driving time.

La Diamant would be 3rd choice.

Hey Jacky, thanks for your repley! What kind of vehicles are there for rent? Are we talking bicycle or so? I didn't think of renting a car to go to the beach?

greetz,

Ingrid

We take the ferry from Forte de France to Point du Bout. Then we rent a car at Pointe du Bout. The advantage of doing it this way, is that you miss a lot of traffic in the Fort de France area. Then we drive to the beaches. No bicycles involved. They are beautiful beaches! ;) The cars available for rent are the same as they are at any rental co. Small, med. & large.

• 4 weeks later...

We took the ferry from Fort de France to Pointe du Bout. We rented the car at Point Du Bout and went to La Marin beach. It was OK. But it wasn't nearly as pretty & clean as Les Salines. I would recommend not going to La Marin in Martinique.

Definitely go to Les Salines Beach and La Diamont Beach. Both are beautiful. La Diamont beach is closer to Point du Bout.

Archived