Has Anyone Stayed at the Harbor House lately?

SoonerOne

Hi All!

Just wondering if you have stayed at the Harbor House since it's renovations after the hurricaine??? We have reservations for February 14, 2009 and I am keeping my fingers crossed that they are open.

Any news? (Besides the elevators not working):p

Thanks Mach, I just called again and they are open for business but the elevator is still not functioning. They are ready for some visitors:)

Donna in OKC

will you report back when your cruise is over? We are supposed to go March 14th and my inlaws are in their 70's and dont know how they will do with no elevator??:confused:

Hey folks!

Well, I have a dilemma with finding a room for 1 night only; the night before our cruise. I see that the Harbor House is open, but when I try to book for the night of the 8th the website, Galveston. com, says I have to book for two nights. I really don't want to do that. Is there a way to get around this? I will try to find another hotel, but I really wanted to stay there.

Who else is coming into Galveston the night before?

Hey folks!

Well' date=' I have a dilemma with finding a room for 1 night only; the night before our cruise. I see that the Harbor House is open, but when I try to book for the night of the 8th the website, Galveston. com, says I have to book for two nights. I really don't want to do that. Is there a way to get around this? I will try to find another hotel, but I really wanted to stay there.

Who else is coming into Galveston the night before?[/quote']

We also call the hotel direct and do one night. We have 3 families doing this March 14th. One night with AAA rate for $99.

Thanks everyone' date=' I will definitely give them a call. Are they still offering free parking during the cruise?

Karen[/quote']

no, the above poster is right, $10 a night and then $20 for the week of the cruise...but they are only a 4 minute walk at most to the terminal, which makes it worth it for me. NOT to mention the light breakfast buffet they include in the rate.....saves me from having to wait on anybody....I am up, eat and walk by 10 am to terminal!!:D

I'm in shock right now! I just got off the phone with them and they said that there was a 2 night minimum...I just don't understand that at all:confused:

I am shocked too.....you should tell them you are with the cruisers and need just one night.....we have 4 rooms, just for one night, so tell them that your friends are all staying there one night! some places!!

I am shocked too.....you should tell them you are with the cruisers and need just one night.....we have 4 rooms, just for one night, so tell them that your friends are all staying there one night! some places!!

And it's $270.00/night! I think I need to look for another place to stay...like I said before I'm in shock because I was totally not expecting this. I stayed at the Tremont a year ago for one night and no problem.

kccruisin - call HH back again and maybe again until you get someone who might let you stay one night. We are also staying at a hotel that is supposed to only be a 2-night minimum. There are also others on our cruise staying at yet another 2-night minimum hotel for one night. I think you just have to catch the right person at the right time.

Good luck!

kccruisin - call HH back again and maybe again until you get someone who might let you stay one night. We are also staying at a hotel that is supposed to only be a 2-night minimum. There are also others on our cruise staying at yet another 2-night minimum hotel for one night. I think you just have to catch the right person at the right time.

Good luck!

The funny thing is I saw Harbor House on hotels.com for $185 and I could book one night! I'm still debating about calling them back, but at $270/night, according to the gentleman I spoke with from HH, I think I will go aheard and book through hotels.com.

KCCruisin, when are you trying to stay? Galveston hotels have huge differences in prices during peak season (usually April or May thru the summer). Also, Saturdays are sometimes twice the price of any other night during the week. A lot of hotels do a 2 day minimum during peak season as well. You just have to do a bunch of looking for ones that don't. But, if you found it on hotels dot com for 1 night and for cheaper, I'd go ahead and book that.

I am staying at HH this weekend, Mardi Gras starts:eek:! One night only....

I called and booked directly through the hotel, HOWEVER, the first time I called, they quoted me a higher price and the second time I called they quoted me $155, so I booked it then. I think it depends on who answers the phone. Strange way to do business....:rolleyes:

I'll let you all know how it is when I get back.......:)

Donna

KCCruisin, when are you trying to stay? Galveston hotels have huge differences in prices during peak season (usually April or May thru the summer). Also, Saturdays are sometimes twice the price of any other night during the week. A lot of hotels do a 2 day minimum during peak season as well. You just have to do a bunch of looking for ones that don't. But, if you found it on hotels dot com for 1 night and for cheaper, I'd go ahead and book that.

I'm going on the Carnival Conquest August 9, 2009 for a week long cruise. I'm coming from Dallas and want to go the day before. So, I will go ahead and book the one night from hotels.com.

I'm not surprised with the different rates at hotels in Galveston - I think since the hurricane, they are still in "recovery" and not quite sure what to do with pricing and number of night minimums which is probably why we are all getting different rates and requirements, etc. Good luck to everyone looking and I recommend you keep calling and try every possible website. Please also keep in mind that it is possible for hotels to run "specials" closer to sailing dates to fill rooms, so I wouldn't recommend pre-paying too far in advance unless it is a really good deal.

Just FYI, check in is 4:00 pm and they don't assign room numbers until you check in, arrghhhh! I was hoping to know what room number we got, hopefully overlooking the harbor......I guess I'll have to wait and see:)

Donna

Just FYI, check in is 4:00 pm and they don't assign room numbers until you check in, arrghhhh! I was hoping to know what room number we got, hopefully overlooking the harbor......I guess I'll have to wait and see:)

Donna

we have never had a problem checking in early. WE show up around 1 or 2.

oh and I would ask when you got there if you could have a floor on the top those have the best veiws!

we have never had a problem checking in early. WE show up around 1 or 2.

oh and I would ask when you got there if you could have a floor on the top those have the best veiws!

Ok, that's what I am trying to get....wanted to surprise my DH, but HH won't assign a room until we get there. That's nice to know about 2:00, since that's about what time we will arrive. Thanks for the advice!

Donna

Archived