weather in the Baltic region in summer

driving21

You can assume that the temperatures will be close to what you have at home in Scotland at that time of year. Remember that the ports of call will be either on the Baltic or the North Sea and therefore land temperatures are influenced by the water temperatures. We have found that layered clothing is ideal - like a cardigan or windbreaker and definitely a raincoat. Hot days are very rare there

We are cruising on the Emerald in the summer.Could anyone tell me what weather/temperatures to expect.Thanks.

We cruised there in June of 2007. For the most part temps were comfortable, about in the low 70's. Either shirt sleeves or a sweater/wind breaker is all we required. We had a lousy day in Helsinki as it rained and was windy and chilly. There was a light mist in Tallin and on one day in St. Petes it was pretty windy, at least by the dock. Otherwise all was fine. Cheers, Larry :)

We were there in July this past year and we were blessed with wonderful weather. Layering is the key. We are from the Pacific Northwest and the weather there was very similar to our weather here. I took a windbreaker and a light fleece jacket. I never needed the fleece jacket on shore and usually ended up with the windbreaker tied around my waist by day's end.

I've been to Copenhagen, Stockholm, and St. Petersburg in July (June for St. P.), and it was warm-to-hot in all three places. I can't imagine needing any kind of jacket unless you're a chronically cold person; even if it were to rain, I'd think the humidity would make wearing a jacket icky. And mosquito spray is good, too, for Russia: they have the B-2s of the mosquito world -- big, stealthy, and efficient at what they do.

After being to that region twice I would have to agree with the other posters....it ranged anywhere from sunny in the high 70s to drizzly and in the 60s. I usually had a short sleeve shirt on with a jacket that had a hood in case of rain and that worked well. I never did experience the bomber mosquitos in St P though :)

We only had one total washout of a day, and that was on our second cruise on the extra day we had in Copenhagen post-cruise. It was pouring for most of the day and it really put a damper on our sightseeing. Other than that we were lucky both trips to have nothing more than an annoying drizzle and ok weather most of the time.

Enjoy - its a great cruise!

I've been to Copenhagen, Stockholm, and St. Petersburg in July (June for St. P.), and it was warm-to-hot in all three places. I can't imagine needing any kind of jacket unless you're a chronically cold person; even if it were to rain, I'd think the humidity would make wearing a jacket icky. And mosquito spray is good, too, for Russia: they have the B-2s of the mosquito world -- big, stealthy, and efficient at what they do.

As everyone else is recommending a light jacket/sweater I wonder if you are chronically hot. ;) :D

Just be sure you're prepared for everything. We were there last June/July on the Crown and it was HOT. We might've used light jackets in the mornings a few times, but we were basically in shorts the entire time.

When we were in St Petersburg, the Russians were enjoying the warm weather. Not only were they out sunbathing all over the place, but we saw an elderly gentleman walking his dog while wearing a lime green speedo!:eek:

When we were in St Petersburg in early August, they had 35 degrees Celcius. It was like an Australian summer. Helsinki had similar temperatures. Most of the other ports were also quite warm : mid -high twenties (celcius) would be the lower temperatures. Our clothing was what we would wear here in Australia for our summer weather. Enjoy your time in the Baltics - we did!

See http://fp.homestead.com/weather.html for weather forecasts for ports on the Baltic cruise.

When looking at the current conditions and forecast, there is also a place to enter in a past date and see what the weather was that day.

Past weather conditions on a day may not accurately predict what the weather will be this year, but they are a good indication of what is possible.

Archived