Cartagena Camera Question

cruiserjanet

Mister Emerald is in the new part of town (Bocagrande), 15 minutes by cab from the port. Cabs in the port should work for $15 for a one-way trip there (or $15 dollars an hour for the cab, not per person). Walking to Old City and on to Pierino Gallo Center where this shop is located is not a good idea, not because you are in any mortal danger, but because it is hot, humid, and not particularly pretty until you are in the walled city.

We bought a bag that fits over your neck and that is where we carried our camera and video camera. Also, our video camera is the size of our hand so we hold it pretty tight. While in Milan (Italy) we felt very unsafe because there were pickpockets everywhere, so my husband and I took turns watching each other's backs. You just need to be aware of your surroundings and always make eye contact with everyone around you, chances are they are not going to pick you because you already identified them. :cool:

We have an excursion and will be walking around Cartagena a little afterward. For those of you who have been to Cartagena, how safe would it be to walk around with a large camera (like DSLR)? Should I leave that and take my pocket-sized camera?

I'd have no hesitation to take your DSLR camera on your tour of Cartagena. You'll be taking many many pictures everywhere you go.:)

Archived