Mr Barbados - where is the cricket ground?

uktog

I apologise for landing a question on you but it seems you are the fountain of knowledge.

Will be visiting brigetown on a cruise next April with husband and 17 year old son. Husband is cricket mad - England and all that. Where is the cricket ground in Barbados and does it have any tours round it?

Can I beg a second question; how would you spend say 4-5 hours in Barbados so we get a little flavour of the island. We have to pace ourselves so do not want to have to rush off the ship as soon as it docks. Will there be private tours we could arrange - the ones from the ship seem to leave very early

Thank you sooo much

I apologise for landing a question on you but it seems you are the fountain of knowledge.

Will be visiting brigetown on a cruise next April with husband and 17 year old son. Husband is cricket mad - England and all that. Where is the cricket ground in Barbados and does it have any tours round it?

Can I beg a second question; how would you spend say 4-5 hours in Barbados so we get a little flavour of the island. We have to pace ourselves so do not want to have to rush off the ship as soon as it docks. Will there be private tours we could arrange - the ones from the ship seem to leave very early

Thank you sooo much

The official cricket ground is called Kensington Oval. It is within walking distance from the dock, perhaps ½ mile. It is almost due east and bordered by Fontabelle on the west; Kensington New Road on the south; 10th Avenue New Orleans on the east, and Pickwick on the north.

There are games and tests going on all the time, so you may be lucky enough to see one. I’ve walked the grounds before when there wasn’t a game going, so I don’t believe it is restricted.

Kensington Oval, Barbados

kensingtonoval.jpg

As far as the private tours…yes, they are always available from the taxi drivers.

I’d tell them how much time that you can afford and give them the reigns; they know their island! Just relax and enjoy and come back again so you can see the rest!

Best wishes for a wonderful time on the island! :)

Thank you Mr Barbados, that is so helpful. We are already getting excited about this cruise and I hope I can surprise my husband with a trip to your Oval as he has been to our Oval

Archived