Looking for an excursion that does all these...

NCTribeFan

I've been reading about Glory Tours, but her prices seem really high, and the description for the 1/2 day Land & Sea tour I was going to book has changed and now does not include some of the stops.

What I'm hoping to find is a tour that will go to Harrisons Cave, a beach, snorkeling with the turtles, and maybe includes lunch.

It's DD & I, so I figured trying to line up something for just the two of us as a private tour would be too expensive.

I'd really prefer a 1/2 day tour, as this Victory itinerary (with a port every day) is going to be fairly exhausting, but since all the ports are new for us, except St Thomas, I want to see the islands and don't want to just go to a beach and do nothing.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Hi went with Glory Tours two years ago and did the full day land and sea tour which was FABULOUS....I am not kidding here.....just fabulous. We had a group of 10 and each one LOVED this tour. However this year I went on their website and found the tours had changed a bit and I couldn't find the exact one we had taken previously so I wrote to them and Sarah wrote back telling us we could plan basically anything we wanted and they would make it happen for us. So I wrote to her asking for a great beach to swim, snorkeling with the turtles, the wildlife reserve ( it's AMAZING....) and lunch and that's what we got!! The charge is 80.00 pp which really in Barbados is about right. Barbados is an expensive place to go, taxi's cost a bunch etc...and then you have fee's for the boat to take you snorkeling ( includes equipment if you need it) and admissions to the wildlife reserve (or other places) as well as a lunch, so for us we didn't think this was a high price to pay for all we will get. So my advice is to email them with your requests and see what they can do for you. They run a great outfit and we really enjoyed being with them.

I've been reading about Glory Tours, but her prices seem really high, and the description for the 1/2 day Land & Sea tour I was going to book has changed and now does not include some of the stops.

What I'm hoping to find is a tour that will go to Harrisons Cave, a beach, snorkeling with the turtles, and maybe includes lunch.

It's DD & I, so I figured trying to line up something for just the two of us as a private tour would be too expensive.

I'd really prefer a 1/2 day tour, as this Victory itinerary (with a port every day) is going to be fairly exhausting, but since all the ports are new for us, except St Thomas, I want to see the islands and don't want to just go to a beach and do nothing.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Glory Tours does offer a half day excursion to the Harrison Caves, swimming with sea turtles and glass bottom boat. Online special is $68

Well, in the Glory Tours thread, I stated that what I wanted HAD been an option (Bajan Highlights).

The description NOW is: Harrisons Cave; Swimming with turtles; glass bottom boat (which is part of the turtles portion).

When I first was researching excursions, that same thing was listed as:

Harrisons Cave

East Coast (lunch stop)

Snorkeling at a ship wreck

& Swimming with turtles (west Coast)

Glass Bottom Boat Cruise

So, it now does not include lunch and no longer mentions the snorkeling at the ship wreck.

But my understanding is that the ship wreck, turtles & glass bottom boat are all really one thing. If I want a beach, I'd have to stay on the beach and miss the snorkeling & turtles, correct?

I've also read that people have a really difficult time getting her to answer emails, which is why I'm looking for other options.

So, if anyone has a recommendation OTHER THAN Glory Tours, I'd like to hear it!

Well, in the Glory Tours thread, I stated that what I wanted HAD been an option (Bajan Highlights).

The description NOW is: Harrisons Cave; Swimming with turtles; glass bottom boat (which is part of the turtles portion).

Harrisons Cave

East Coast (lunch stop)

Glass Bottom Boat Cruise

So, it now does not include lunch and no longer mentions the snorkeling at the ship wreck.

But my understanding is that the ship wreck, turtles & glass bottom boat are all really one thing. If I want a beach, I'd have to stay on the beach and miss the snorkeling & turtles, correct?

I've also read that people have a really difficult time getting her to answer emails, which is why I'm looking for other options.

Yes I have to agree with you, she yet has to respond to my email as well which greatly concerns me. I was not aware there was alunch stop at the East Coast prior to me looking at their web-site. I have vacationed in Barbados once for 8 days and twice by cruise ship. I will be again there on March 25th and cruising with my sister who has not been there. The East Coast, turtles and Harrison cave are a must for us so may be I might just look on shore trips web-site or expedia.

We have done 2 tours with Glory Tours and if we are ever in Barbados I would not hesitate to book with them again. Sarah was more than helpful. Always answered my emails in a timely manner. Be sure to check you spam mail because for some strange reason some of my emails from her ended up there. The first tour we did there were 8 of us in a van. 4 couples, none of us knew each other. We went to Harrison's Caves, Orchid World, Wild LIfe Preserve, lots of stops for photos and a stop for lunch. Second time we ended up with a private tour. This time we did some swimming with turtles and a snorkel by a ship wreck and of course a stop for lunch. I find Sarah runs a first class operation.

Harrisons Cave

East Coast (lunch stop)

Glass Bottom Boat Cruise

This afternoon I did get an email from Deuce at Glory Tours telling me that Sarah will get back to me real soon, but that she is having problems with internet. Maybe she has problems with her internet through a BlackBerry. I do not know, so I am going towait because I would like to get a quote from her for a customized tour. Glory tours IS cheaper than the cruise ship's excursions, Viator, shoretrips just to name a few.

Sarah does have online rates and if you use LOISSPECIAL rate you should get 20% of the listed price not the online price but the one above it. I found it on the internet that Lois is a friend of hers and while on her web-site on facebook I went to Lois' web-site and it stated that you get 20% if you type in Loisspecial.

This will be my 3rd Barbados cruise ship visit and prior to that I vacationed there 8 days. As a poster stated before the island is expensive. So far Glory Tours is cheaper than anyone else I have priced.

Archived