A picture of where chocolate comes from

Sandycruise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.toddnoel.com/photoalbum2/rebeccas%20trip/rebeccastrip2.htm

Hey guys! This web-site has great pix of our ship (The Dawn) and the ports. The people in the photos are the performers from the ship. I believe the photographer is the awesome singer who I looked up because I was sure I'd seen him on Broadway. (Turns out he's based in Canada so no way).

Anyway, now that I keep seeing updates, I keep checking back because I still can't believe this ship is sailing without me and I am pretending I am still there! OK, how pathetic am I..........

Anyway, you HAVE to check out this site. THere is a picture titled "Where chocolate comes from". It is such a wierd thing that I can't imagine something so good could come from something so ugly! Maybe we should print the picture and hang it on the candy cupboard!

Cheez, I have no idea what that could be, but it is nasty. Wouldn't it be funny if it was labeled wrong and I just bought into it. HA! That would be so like me.

I am guessing that the ship sailed to a place that showed people where chocolate comes from. I hope it isn't a code name like Mountain Oysters or Lamb Fries. :eek:

Can ANYONE tell us what this is?

Thank you for sharing. I may never eat another piece of chocolate (just kidding.)

Whenever I look at bakery cake with frosting, I try to visualize a container of white Crisco shortening spread on the cake. It helps me avoid that pitfall.

Cathy

Cheez, I have no idea what that could be, but it is nasty. Wouldn't it be funny if it was labeled wrong and I just bought into it. HA! That would be so like me.

I am guessing that the ship sailed to a place that showed people where chocolate comes from. I hope it isn't a code name like Mountain Oysters or Lamb Fries. :eek:

Can ANYONE tell us what this is?

That is a cocoa pod. The white stuff is the fruit which is actually quite tasty. Generally they dispose of this and then put the cocoa beans out to dry and ferment. It's quite interesting actually.

You can check out the following page for some more info on cocoa and chocolate made "island style":

http://www.grenadachocolate.com/reg.html

Clicking on TOUR and then the links on the flow chart will tell you how it's done.

That is a cocoa pod. The white stuff is the fruit which is actually quite tasty. Generally they dispose of this and then put the cocoa beans out to dry and ferment. It's quite interesting actually.

You can check out the following page for some more info on cocoa and chocolate made "island style":

http://www.grenadachocolate.com/reg.html

Clicking on TOUR and then the links on the flow chart will tell you how it's done.

WOW! Thanks for the info! I ws beginning to wonder what the heck that was!

Hope you enjoy your holidays!

Sandy

Archived