Cave-tubing.com ?

ockelly

Hi, Has anyone used Cave-Tubing.com in Belize? It looks like a professional organization, but I'd like a little feedback from anyone who has used them. Crowded? On-Time? Friendly Guides? Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

I went with them twice before and they were great. I think we had maybe 15 or so people in the group and there were 4 guides. They are very friendly and helpful to everybody (carry older folks tubes for them and so forth). We had no problem at all getting back on time. Highlight was when we stopped enroute to the caves to buy some pecan wine made in belize and sampled it on the bus, adults only of course. Also, we stopped for lunch on the way back at a real neat nontouristy belizean restaurant. Have fun!

I went with them twice before and they were great. I think we had maybe 15 or so people in the group and there were 4 guides. They are very friendly and helpful to everybody (carry older folks tubes for them and so forth). We had no problem at all getting back on time. Highlight was when we stopped enroute to the caves to buy some pecan wine made in belize and sampled it on the bus, adults only of course. Also, we stopped for lunch on the way back at a real neat nontouristy belizean restaurant. Have fun!

It's Cashew wine, and it's nasty. But cave-tubing.com were great. It's been a couple years, but we loved our tour with them.

We booked cavetubing.com after reading all the rave reviews, however, along with the good - friendly, helpful staff, there was also some bad in my case.

We have done cave tubing in Belize twice before and both experiences were better. (unfortunately when I tried to find the previous one we did, it included zip-lining and the zip line was closed - so instead we went with cavetubing.com)

Our first bad impression was the bus. This is a nearly 30 year old relic which reeked of moth balls! I sat down and the arm rest kept falling off. It was dirty and unappealing. The smell really was nausea inducing!

However, the guide who gave us the tour on the way to the caves really was entertaining and funny. Also, we felt very safe with the driver.

The tubing equipment was really showing it's age. Faded, dirty life vests and the head lamp I was given at first was broken and had to be replaced. I saw other tubers with new orange tubes. We were given old tire tubes.

Our group (which I thought would be small) was nearly 40 people.

There were only 4 plus guide in our group, but during the rapids portion, the guide totally lost control of our chain and we slammed into a partially submerged tree trunk - I very nearly upended my tube and my leg was badly bruised by rocks and the tree stump. As well, my confidence was badly shaken. The guide was very apologetic, however.

Lastly, we all tired of the constant self-promotion. They were always bragging about how cavetubing.com was the best and to please recommend them and to go home and write reviews of how good their company is.

I'm sorry to be so negative but this was my experience.

We booked cavetubing.com after reading all the rave reviews, however, along with the good - friendly, helpful staff, there was also some bad in my case.

We have done cave tubing in Belize twice before and both experiences were better. (unfortunately when I tried to find the previous one we did, it included zip-lining and the zip line was closed - so instead we went with cavetubing.com)

Our first bad impression was the bus. This is a nearly 30 year old relic which reeked of moth balls! I sat down and the arm rest kept falling off. It was dirty and unappealing. The smell really was nausea inducing!

However, the guide who gave us the tour on the way to the caves really was entertaining and funny. Also, we felt very safe with the driver.

The tubing equipment was really showing it's age. Faded, dirty life vests and the head lamp I was given at first was broken and had to be replaced. I saw other tubers with new orange tubes. We were given old tire tubes.

Our group (which I thought would be small) was nearly 40 people.

There were only 4 plus guide in our group, but during the rapids portion, the guide totally lost control of our chain and we slammed into a partially submerged tree trunk - I very nearly upended my tube and my leg was badly bruised by rocks and the tree stump. As well, my confidence was badly shaken. The guide was very apologetic, however.

Lastly, we all tired of the constant self-promotion. They were always bragging about how cavetubing.com was the best and to please recommend them and to go home and write reviews of how good their company is.

I'm sorry to be so negative but this was my experience.

Belize is a very poor country, folks, very poor. It is 3rd world. On the way to the river, you will pass houses that are literally made of sticks. The homes have "windows" with no glass or screen. Their idea of plumbing is a trench that runs from the side of the house and flows down to a bigger trench that runs parallel to the road. This is how they dispose of their waste. No running water and no electricity. The poorest people in America are rich by Belizean standards. It doesn't matter what tour you take, you will not be riding in a very modern vehicle. I do agree that they self-promoted a bit too much. And I will restate what I said earlier. This tour is not for the infirm or unhealthy. But it is twice as long and half as much money as the ship tour. If you are not in decent shape, take the ship tour. I thought it was worth it, but it's definitely not for everyone.

We had the best time ever. Since there was only my DH and myself doing the ATV's first before the tubing we had our own personal guide who was Lionel AKA Harry. All I can say is he was awesome. Took pictures and videos with our camera the whole time and they turned out great. He got us to the cave tubing in time to do 2 caves and he would not let us even carry our own tubes. In the river he was hooked to us the entire time. Very informative. At the end he brought us to the shore (valet parking). I can't say enough good things about this outfit. Professional through and through. If you have any other questions, just ask.

Archived