Corona Beach break ?

frankhouse

Can anyone comment on the Corona Beach break offered by Carnival? Is it worth the money? How's the beach and water? Supposed to be an open domestic bar but food is at your own expense. Did you enjoy it or not and why? We'll be there the first week in March, anyone know what the water temperature will be?

I think Carnival charges $35 for this "excursion". Beer all along the Malecon (beachside street) is two bucks and the restaurants will serve you on the beach if you like. I'll leave it up to you to decide if this "excursion" is of any worth or value.

It ain't worth it. The place for the Corona beach break excursion is right at the beginning of the beach, so if you want to explore, you would have to keep going back to get your included drinks.

Just wander down the beach and find a spot you like. You will be taken care of and you won't be tied to a particular spot to get your drinks. You will likely spend much less than $35 on drinks.

If you plan on drinking 15+ drinks, it might be worth it :p

Corona, as well as Sol, El Superior, Tecate, Dos Equis, etc., have been $2 each from all of the restaurants and bars along the beach on our last 4 cruises. "Corona Beach" excursion is NOT worth it IMO (unless you like the same sweaty guys from the Hairy Man contest falling over you).

If not, just walk down the beach, pick a table (they're on the beach!!) and whatever restaurant you're sitting in front of will take very good care of you. We love it!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I'm not sure if y'all remember me...Tabitha...I used to work with y'all at HD..my friend and I are going on the ecstasy in 69 days..I've only been to progresso once and wasn't impressed...can y'all give me any suggestions or tips on what to do...thanks

Hey I'm not sure if y'all remember me...Tabitha...I used to work with y'all at HD..my friend and I are going on the ecstasy in 69 days..I've only been to progresso once and wasn't impressed...can y'all give me any suggestions or tips on what to do...thanks

Hi Tabitha :)

When you get off the bus you'll be at the open air market. There will be a blue double-decker bus that will give you a tour of the town and the beach area for just $2....it's definitely worth it!

After the tour, take a left at the end of the block. Walk to the beach boulevard (The Malecon) and there are numerous restaurants that will serve you under the palapas on the beach....or you can eat in the restaurant itself and just people watch like we do. Our favorite (so far) is Le Saint Bonnet.

When you get to the Malecon, turn right and Le Saint Bonnet is in the middle of the first block. The botanas (kind of an appetizer assortment) are excellent and the whole fried snapper is delicious. Fredda and I order the medium size snapper and it's more than enough food, and about 7 bucks. If you go their website http://lesaintbonnet.com/ you can print a coupon for a free margarita. Beer is just $2. We always leave stuffed after eating and drinking like Vikings and our bill is always around $25.

There are many other restaurants besides Le Saint Bonnet, but we enjoy it and keep going back to what we love.

We wish we could join you, we just LOVE Progreso and the people there!!

Who knows what the water temperature is exactly, what with global warming and all that. But March sees the Yucatan starting to heat up for its hottest months, which are April and May. The water never gets cold here and it will probably feel nice on a hot March day.

As for being stuck in a pen just to be able to drink (and feeling like you have to because you paid for it) sounds pretty pathetic to me. Don't bother. :)

Thanks Tim..I mean kingfish :) i'm super excited about our cruise..this will be my friend Laras first cruise...r y'all still at hd? I saw Larry the other day..he's the reason I got hooked on cruising..have fun on yall's cruise in September...thanks for ur advice I'll let u know how it goes :D

• 4 weeks later...

What about going to some of the ruins? Chichen Itza is the most impressive, but the farthest and most crowded. Uxmal is still supposed to be pretty good, and doesn't have the crowds of Chichen Itza. Dzibilchaltun is closest, and you have the opportunity to swim in a cenote. That's the one I'll be doing next time I'm in that port.

My last cruise was on the Ecstasy, and I had a blast. You can check out my review through the ship's page. Its the one with girlfriends' cruise in the title.

Archived