Huge Discount - 12/6/09 - Golden to Hawaii

Lynda90

Just got an email from my TA today with a new re-fare on our Hawaiian cruise. This particular cruise has been reduced by a huge amount. It may have to do with the new past passenger rates that Princess has been promoting lately, but it's worth a try for those of you on that cruise or looking to sail to Hawaii. I have never seen the prices so low. I logged into "my Princess" and checked the prices in the booking area. The huge discount only shows in conjunction with my past passenger number. It does not show without first logging in.

Hi Lynda,

I am very happy for you. I am looking at the Hawaiian cruises in November or December of 2009, but my past rates don’t show any discounts! I am very disappointed. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that we are in Canada. But I will keep checking…

Chelsea

Lynda, someone from our roll call on oct. 25, 2009 just informed us so contacted TA and got a extremely good discount. so obviously the sailings are not moving that fast.

Marilyn

I am not surprised that there is a big drop in the 12/6 cruise; the cruise before the Christmas holiday cruise is a poor seller for most cruise lines. And this one being for 2 weeks would mean not arriving home until 12/20 -too close to Christmas for most people with families to buy for, to cook for and to decorate. we are on this cruise on Golden to Hawaii on March 4 this year and got a considerable reduction for past passengers plus good OBC:)

I am not surprised that there is a big drop in the 12/6 cruise; the cruise before the Christmas holiday cruise is a poor seller for most cruise lines. And this one being for 2 weeks would mean not arriving home until 12/20 -too close to Christmas for most people with families to buy for, to cook for and to decorate. :)

Yep, that's exactly why I book on that date. Same time I went to Hawaii in 07. :p

Yep, that's exactly why I book on that date. Same time I went to Hawaii in 07. :p

Since you have done this itinerary before... what's the weather like out of LA and in Hawaii during December? I've always heard this is their rainiest month?

I already have a full transit Panama Canal cruise booked for this timeframe, but this is a good alternative.

Have a wonderful cruise!

VB1

PS--I also see that you are on the Star in May, so am I--what date?

Just got an email from my TA today with a new re-fare on our Hawaiian cruise. This particular cruise has been reduced by a huge amount. It may have to do with the new past passenger rates that Princess has been promoting lately, but it's worth a try for those of you on that cruise or looking to sail to Hawaii. I have never seen the prices so low. I logged into "my Princess" and checked the prices in the booking area. The huge discount only shows in conjunction with my past passenger number. It does not show without first logging in.

Are these the past passenger rates you're seeing?

Embarkation Date Sunday, Dec 06, 2009

Interior $1,149.00

Obstructed Oceanview $1,249.00

Oceanview $1,349.00

Balcony $1,449.00

Mini-Suite/Suite $1,849.00

Government Fees and Taxes: $45.50

Embarkation DateInteriorOceanview

Obstructed

OceanviewBalconyMini-Suite/SuiteFuel Supplement Sunday, Dec 06, 2009 $1,149.00 $1,249.00 $1,349.00 $1,449.00 $1,849.00 $0.00 cd_btn_reserve.gif Government Fees and Taxes: $45.50

Are these the rates you're seeing?

Yes, those are the rates! My TA discounted our cruise even more than what's showing plus added some obc.

Since you have done this itinerary before... what's the weather like out of LA and in Hawaii during December? I've always heard this is their rainiest month?

I already have a full transit Panama Canal cruise booked for this timeframe, but this is a good alternative.

Have a wonderful cruise!

VB1

The first two days out of LA were windy and chilly with some rain. The ship was rockin' and a rollin' that's for sure. But, it was absolutely beautiful in all Hawaiian ports. A little rain here and there, but nothing that stayed around.

We are on the first Alaska cruise on May 10, but may be changing to the 17th. Waiting info from TA. When are you going?

Have a wonderful cruise!

VB1

venusbello - I live in Orange County, just south of LA. We don't really have a rainy season. I guess there is always the chance that it could rain, and if it was going to it could be in December, but I wouldn't plan on it. It did rain (and even get down to below 50:eek:) this Christmas, but last Christmas it was sunny and in the 70s.

OP/Lynda, thank you, thank you, thank you! I read your post and, just for

the heck of it, checked my cruise to Hawaii in 2010. Couldn't believe my

eyes when I came up with a huge discount! Woo Hoo! I'm never so lucky. It will pay for most of the Alaska cruise I just booked due to the 2 for 1 sale. Now if I could just get a discount on airfare. I love this board!

This is looking awfully tempting to me! Only thing is, we're currently booked 2/14/10, and the reason for that timeframe was whale watching. I've read that the whale season runs from December to March, and I'm worried that the 12/6 sailing would be too early. What do you all think about that?

The first two days out of LA were windy and chilly with some rain. The ship was rockin' and a rollin' that's for sure. But, it was absolutely beautiful in all Hawaiian ports. A little rain here and there, but nothing that stayed around.

We are on the first Alaska cruise on May 10, but may be changing to the 17th. Waiting info from TA. When are you going?

Lynda, I am leaving on the Golden on the 16th. Why don't you change from the Star to the Golden and go with me. it is only 1 day. then we would finally meet.:D

Marilyn

Lynda, I am leaving on the Golden on the 16th. Why don't you change from the Star to the Golden and go with me. it is only 1 day. then we would finally meet.:D

Marilyn

Marilyn, as much as I'd really like to do that, the balcony prices have gone up quite a bit since the original 2 for 1 came out. I am going to keep what I originally booked which is on the 10th on the Star. Can't come anywhere close to what we are paying. I really do hope we get to meet one of these days. :p

Marilyn, as much as I'd really like to do that, the balcony prices have gone up quite a bit since the original 2 for 1 came out. I am going to keep what I originally booked which is on the 10th on the Star. Can't come anywhere close to what we are paying. I really do hope we get to meet one of these days. :p

Oh well, one of these day we will meet. Hey it was worth a try. those prices that we got were unbelievable weren't they.

Marilyn

Archived