any Georgia Cruisers?

momofmeg

Joe and I live in Stone Mountain. Cruising is our favorite way to travel since we only have to unpack once. We have done several land type trips which we enjoyed such as Southern Africa and Egypt.

We are looking forward to our next cruise in August.

Ciao!

Bonnie:)

wow! you are genuinely a world traveler! We are not as well traveled. We have cruised often in the caribbean (convenience) and have also done Alaska, Bermuda, and one transatlantic. I am about to take my third trip to Europe the end of next month. This will my my hubby's 5th trip as he has traveled there twice on business.

I have been to two continents, although after January when we do our partial Panama Canal, we do a port in Columbia, so I guess I can say then, I have been to three continents. I doubt I will ever be able to say I have been to all 7.

You must tell us your favorite trip.

Boy that is a tough one since I love so many of them. A Princess cruise to Tahiti and the Polynesian Islands has to be way on top. My breath was taken away by the beauty of Bora Bora looking down from a mountain and seeing the lagoons with swirling translucent blue colors.

I also loved our Princess Med Cruise for cultural aspects. I fell in love with the Amalfi coast since I felt I found my ancestors home from my Mom's side of the family. Venice was unique and so romantic. I loved walking the streets and viewing the canals.

My favorite adventure trip was to Southern Africa where the photo safaris were beyond what I had expected and now I yearn to visit Tanzania and Kenya.

Our Egypt tour and riverboat cruise was a dream come true. To see and touch the ancient monuments and walk where the ancient Egyptians was a wonderful experience. Climbing Mt Sinai and watching the sun rise and realizing that it was the same scene that Moses saw while he was getting the 10 Commandments from God.

Joe and I are so blessed and thankful for being able to explore our beautiful earth. Friendships were made that will last a life time thanks to Cruise Critic that lets one reach other travelers who share your interests and zen for adventure.

Ciao,

Bonnie in Stone Mountain

Boy that is a tough one since I love so many of them. A Princess cruise to Tahiti and the Polynesian Islands has to be way on top. My breath was taken away by the beauty of Bora Bora looking down from a mountain and seeing the lagoons with swirling translucent blue colors.

I also loved our Princess Med Cruise for cultural aspects. I fell in love with the Amalfi coast since I felt I found my ancestors home from my Mom's side of the family. Venice was unique and so romantic. I loved walking the streets and viewing the canals.

My favorite adventure trip was to Southern Africa where the photo safaris were beyond what I had expected and now I yearn to visit Tanzania and Kenya.

Our Egypt tour and riverboat cruise was a dream come true. To see and touch the ancient monuments and walk where the ancient Egyptians was a wonderful experience. Climbing Mt Sinai and watching the sun rise and realizing that it was the same scene that Moses saw while he was getting the 10 Commandments from God.

Joe and I are so blessed and thankful for being able to explore our beautiful earth. Friendships were made that will last a life time thanks to Cruise Critic that lets one reach other travelers who share your interests and zen for adventure.

Ciao,

Bonnie in Stone Mountain

I can understand your liking to see where your ancestors came from.

One of our Transatlantic stops was Cobh (Cork) Ireland. I wen through the museum building that people immigrating from Ireland went through beofre sailing for the US. (Or Australia of Canada)

Two of my gg grandparents left from Cork/Cobh, it gave me chills to know I was in the same building they walked through before leaving Ireland.

Hi everyone! Kennesaw, GA here. LOVE to cruise. Next July we are booked on the Oasis--absolutely cannot wait for that! Have cruised on several cruise lines and RCCL is our favorite so far. This time, just my husband, myself and son who will be a few days short of 16 at the time.

I have a last minute cruise for July 4th. Just 4 more days!!

I can't wait... I really need a break!!!

Pam

Have fun!

Pam, we have not booked our January cruise yet. When we return form France, we will look at our fiances and vacation days left. We are considering booking it over the Thanksgiving time instead, if we can swing it. Of course, we would need a day or two before Thanksgiving week and a day or two after.

As excited as I am about our week in France, I am missing not planing a cruise, LOL! I am hooked bad, I guess!

Commerce here----4 ladies (husbands staying home taking care of animals!!!). 2 are first time cruisers and 2 of us have been on 3 & 4 cruises before. I absolutely love it. We are booked on Glory on August 29th and it won't be any too soon. This will be our first Balcony, but have always stayed OV and will probably never do inside.

Commerce here----4 ladies (husbands staying home taking care of animals!!!). 2 are first time cruisers and 2 of us have been on 3 & 4 cruises before. I absolutely love it. We are booked on Glory on August 29th and it won't be any too soon. This will be our first Balcony, but have always stayed OV and will probably never do inside.

I bet your two first timers will be hooked too!

Ladies only cruise huh? Boy would I love to do that with my sisters and some female friends!! But finances for one of the sisters wouldn't allow it in her lifetime and only winning the lottery would allow me to spring for her!!:D

Watch out everyone! ;):D Enjoy your cruise and I'm sure the 2 first timers will be hooked after about 2 days!

It won't take one of them but the first day!!!! It is a childhood friend of mine, same church, school, college, in each others weddings, workout together, etc. most all of our lives!!!! By the way there is only one of our group going that is under 55, but she and I did the parasailing in Nassau on our first cruise!!! Wanted to do the zipline this year, but can't find one in the Eastern Ports we are going. Might have to do the ATV one. Numbers might give something away, but not the young at heart and in for an adventure!!!!! Oh, forgot to tell you that we actually have asked 2 of our husbands to go on one of the cruises we went on, they didn't want to go and we have never asked them again!!!! The only way to cruise is with a bunch of girlfriends that all like to do the same things. That is the only way I have cruised before and probably ever will. My husband and myself have been married 35 years and if he wants to stay home it is ok with me!!!!!

Edited by notsoonenuf

It won't take one of them but the first day!!!! It is a childhood friend of mine, same church, school, college, in each others weddings, workout together, etc. most all of our lives!!!! By the way there is only one of our group going that is under 55, but she and I did the parasailing in Nassau on our first cruise!!! Wanted to do the zipline this year, but can't find one in the Eastern Ports we are going. Might have to do the ATV one. Numbers might give something away, but not the young at heart and in for an adventure!!!!! Oh, forgot to tell you that we actually have asked 2 of our husbands to go on one of the cruises we went on, they didn't want to go and we have never asked them again!!!! The only way to cruise is with a bunch of girlfriends that all like to do the same things. That is the only way I have cruised before and probably ever will. My husband and myself have been married 35 years and if he wants to stay home it is ok with me!!!!!

OMG - I want to cruise with you!!! Hubby and I will have been married 25 years in March of 2010. What islands are you going to? Have you checked out the CC boards for those islands to see if there may be a zipline tour?

Going to Nassau, St Thomas and St Maarten. One of the Sts used to have a zipline, but when I went to the website provided they are closed at the moment with no date when they will start again. I am going to do some more checking though. This is the Eastern Caribbean and I know there is one of the Western, but we wanted Glory this year. I'm sure we will find something to do that will be an adventure. Other 2 have not parasailed before so we might do that again---who knows!!!!!

Going to Nassau, St Thomas and St Maarten. One of the Sts used to have a zipline, but when I went to the website provided they are closed at the moment with no date when they will start again. I am going to do some more checking though. This is the Eastern Caribbean and I know there is one of the Western, but we wanted Glory this year. I'm sure we will find something to do that will be an adventure. Other 2 have not parasailed before so we might do that again---who knows!!!!!

Go to the port of calls section of this board. Post asking about zipling. If anyone still does zipline there others will know and tell you the website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! I live in Woodstock , Ga- Towne Lake to be exact and my husband and I are going on out first cruise (RCCL Monarch of the Seas) in 10 days. We are so excited and cannot wait! We think we might do an all inclusive resort on a day pass when we get to Nassau. Has anyone else doen this?

Hi Everyone! I live in Woodstock , Ga- Towne Lake to be exact and my husband and I are going on out first cruise (RCCL Monarch of the Seas) in 10 days. We are so excited and cannot wait! We think we might do an all inclusive resort on a day pass when we get to Nassau. Has anyone else doen this?

Go over to the Ports of Calls section and click on Nassau. You will find a world of info on Atlantis, etc.....

Happy Sailing!!!!

Been awhile since I last got on this thread... We had a blast on our 4th of July cruise... Now I only have 43 days left for my solo birthday cruise.

Got my shore excursions planned and can't wait!! Even though I got away for the 4th, just getting away by myself will be fantastic.

I am glad kids are back in school, I can get some much needed stuff done around the house.

Pam

I noticed these other state threads-so I thought I would try here. One was started in the floataway last year-but it soon died. I know you guys are out there. quite a few of you were with me on my last two cruises. Both cruises had more Georgia people at the CC meet and greet than any other state.

Hubby and I are just South of 'HotLanta...we cruise in 50 days....WooHoo! Any other Georgian's cruising then?

Athens, GA here (: Originally from PA but have lived here for a little while now. I'm a student at UGA (go dawgs.. haha sorry I couldn't resist!) and can't WAIT to cruise in Sept!!

Go Dawgs! Sic 'Em!

Where are you sailing in Sept. and who are you sailing with? We are on the CCL Legend Sept. 27th.

I will be going on my third cruise this september. Be going with parents again. Live near the stockbridge area.

Hey havocer, we live in Stockbridge and are cruising in September too. What dates and who and where are you sailing to?

Our TA was on Celebrity Constellation. It was the northern route so we only had 3 sea days between Ireland and Canada. I loved it! Great ports too. That was our 25th anniversary trip, although our anniversary was not until the following January.

For our 30th we want to do the Hawaii round trip Los Angeles. We also considered a full Panama canal transit for our 30th- I guess after we do the partial transit next year we will decide if we want to do a full transit instead. I wish we could do both. I am sure we will, eventually just not both for our 30th.

We were looking at the LA to HI cruises last year and when I looked this year I did not find them...have I missed them somewhere? I know the one I found last year was a 14 day cruise on RCCL. But all the ones that I have found this year are not 'loop' cruises and they don't leave from LA.

We were looking at the LA to HI cruises last year and when I looked this year I did not find them...have I missed them somewhere? I know the one I found last year was a 14 day cruise on RCCL. But all the ones that I have found this year are not 'loop' cruises and they don't leave from LA.

They run usually between November and March. Both Princess and Celebrity has them. (actually, Celebrity is round trip San Diego not LA) I have also seen a couple of HAL ones-but the HAL ship also does full Panama Canal full transits-but like twice in the 3 or 4 month period, the HAL ship does round trip Hawaii.

We will not be going until late 2012-early 2013-as that is when our 30th anniversary is-so I am not really even in the planning stages yet. Probably not for another year and a half to two years- before we start planning.

Our next cruise will be a partial Panama Canal. We are still in the planning stages-we have not actually booked yet. We wanted to get the trip to France behind us and then look at our finances before we booked-we decided we would put off the Panama Canal until spring if we spent more money than we anticipated.

It looks like we may be going over Thanksgiving-if not then-we will go in early January. Now, it depends on our daughter's plans-if she goes off Thanksgiving with friends, then we won't feel guilty leaving her then to do this cruise the 2 of us.

I hate flying, so normally we drive to Ft. Lauderdale. I only fly if I have no other choice. We just got back from France last week, and we were on six flights total going and coming. (we flew into New York, then Paris and then Bordeaux) I feel like I don't want to fly again until late 2012-LOL!