Jewel vs Gem - your thoughts please

SallyUK

We sailed for the first time on NCL last year having previously cruised on either formal ships or on the British freestyle line - Ocean Village. Freestyle is definitely the way to go as far as we are concerned, and we prefer the quality of ship of NCL over Ocean Village.

We loved the Jewel, thought it was a stunning ship (we cruised the Baltics out of Dover). This time we're booked on the Western Med in June on the Gem. Last time we had a balcony, have gone for the same again - so should be pretty similar.

My question is this: other than the bowling alley/rock climbing wall, what are the little differences between the Jewel and the Gem (these may be aesthetic as much as about facilities on board). Which do you prefer?

Also, Freestyle 2.0 was only at the start of its roll out phase when we went, so will we still notice differences?

Thanks in advance for your help everyone!

Bliss is a much better than the Fyzz as a night club

The atrium is different so there is the Big "big screen"

The great outdoors is a slightly different configuration.

I think the seats at the bar in Spinnaker are the black square one with a liitle back and not the very uncomfotable white ones.

The shops have moved to where fyzz was.

Decor is a little different

Many thanks,

My least favourite part of the ship was Fyzz, so I'll look forward to visiting Bliss. From the pictures I have seen it looked art deco classy. Same with the main dining room, though I liked Tsar's Palace too.

Many thanks Grandpaul,

We spent a lot of time in the buffet as my DH had stomach surgery a few months before and still wasn't up to eating on a grand scale. I could not thank the Jewel team enough. They treated us as 'their' regulars and when I told them what my favourite Indian cuisine was it turned up on the menu the following night - fantastic.

I'm hoping the one on the Gem will be as good, but it will be a tough act to follow!

Archived