Carnival Food..

dontpanik

i haave never had a bad meal on a cruise, although once the pumpkin soup was a bit on the salty side, i usually order an appetizer and a soup and maybe two entrees and almost always 2 desserts (NOT a fan of the liquid "melting" cake-its cake batter to me)...my sushi was always freshly made in front of me!

lido food is okay also, just consider how many are being made...i have no problem, if i want to pay a fortune for food made with esoteric spices, i stay home and visit those restaurants (rarely)!

the "food court" servings (asian, pizza, deli) are also good and i think i have sampled just about all of those stations!

You would be very surprised that the cruise you paid the least for had wonderful food. On our last CCL cruise, I had stomach problems and they served me pasta w/ butter (not on the menu) which is good for what ails you. Additionally, my husband saw someone in the elevator carrying a hotdog and fries down from the buffet. When he mentioned it to the server, they ran upstairs to get him the hotdog and fries. That is service!!!

At least on Carnival, I always know there is something to do for everyone!!!

Carnival is trying to please as recent headlines have not helped, so you may be very surprised w/ them! Checkout reviews before booking...that is the telling of the tale so to speak. Every cruise line has it's good and bad ships!!!

Doing your homework will really make your cruise a good one!!!:)

You would be very surprised that the cruise you paid the least for had wonderful food. On our last CCL cruise, I had stomach problems and they served me pasta w/ butter (not on the menu) which is good for what ails you. Additionally, my husband saw someone in the elevator carrying a hotdog and fries down from the buffet. When he mentioned it to the server, they ran upstairs to get him the hotdog and fries. That is service!!!

At least on Carnival, I always know there is something to do for everyone!!!

Carnival is trying to please as recent headlines have not helped, so you may be very surprised w/ them! Checkout reviews before booking...that is the telling of the tale so to speak. Every cruise line has it's good and bad ships!!!

Doing your homework will really make your cruise a good one!!!:)

I agree with you on just about everything. I just finished an 8 day cruise on the Breeze. I felt the variety of offerings was not as good as usual and I also felt the food was not as good as usual. That said, I had several very good dinners in the "anytime seating" dining room. I think my biggest caution is that if you don't eat the food the minute it comes out it will be cold. I love HOT food, not lukewarm food, and I know it is hard to serve that many people and hope for the food to stay warm even with those little brown covers. Now the good part - STEAK HOUSE. If you haven't tried it I think the Breeze has by far the best steak house of any of their ships. If I wanted to pay for dinner every night I would have eaten there. Service - EXCELLENT, food - EXCELLENT, atmosphere - EXCELLENT, and everyone I talked to that ate there absolutely raved about it as much as I did. A must in my opinion even though it is an extra cost. Oh, by the way, go the first night and you will enjoy a free bottle of wine!!!! :)

I'm leaving for my 3rd carnival cruise this September, but I have also cruised with Princess, Holland America and RC. As for Carnival, sometimes the food was delicious and sometimes "not so much". But that's okay, because you can just order something else....which is AWESOME. I know that we actually pay for all our meals and some when we purchase our cruise ticket, but doesn't it feel kinda great to be able to eat in the main dining room 3x a day and never get an actual "BILL" no matter how many things you order or send back??? Ahhhhhhhhhh, the freedom of choice. I think Carnival's food is just fine....maybe some meals not as good as others, but you will certainly never go hungry. As for the Sushi....Ehhhhh. But then again, I love good sushi and sashimi. I don't go for lots of rice and fake KRAB. But lots of folks love it and are happy to stand in line for it. As for me, they can eat my share and I will simply go find something else that I love just as much. Enjoy your cruise!!!

I'm a fussy eater but I always found something I enjoyed on Miracle last July. I don't like a big lunch & found a really good tuna sandwich made to order which I ate a lot. Made my own iced coffee at the beverage stations. Salad with a chicken patty & potato salad was a good lunch too. Chicken nuggets & fries for my 12 yr old grand daughter almost every day. We went to tea once in the D.R. They didn't asked what we wanted just put a plate of cookies in front us. We only ate dinner in the Main Dining Room. My grand daughter (12) had a lot of flat iron steaks, ribs and the warm chocolate melting cake (yummy).

Beef brisket with vegees in gravy in the D.R. was melt in your mouth excellent. Had a lot of beef for dinner. I chose a lot of what they called comfort food like meatloaf & mashed potatoes. Lasagna was good. I do not care for fish except tuna salad!

Breakfast buffet was always good. Pizza was very good! Boy, did we both eat a lot of ice cream! We had pastry once at the coffee shop & it was good & reasonably priced. The pastries at the free dining venues was good also. Food is the only good thing I have to say about this ship & would not cruise with Carnival again. Worst cruise food I ever had was on NCL Dawn 10 years ago. I'm sure it's changed by now. It was a fun ship though. Every one has their own opinions so who do you listen to? You take the good with the bad & decide for yourself. I will keep cruising though. Maybe Breakaway 2014, Quantum 2015.

So far we have had no complaints with Carnival's food.

Has it been better or worse from time to time? Yes, but I've had that happen at many of my favorite restaurants.

The only time I just did NOT like the food was at the late night Mexican buffet aboard the Sensation in 2010. It was nowhere near the Mexican I am used to and the flavors were just not good.

Everything else; deli, sushi, pizza, breakfast buffet, etc. has been great. The Chateaubriand in the MDR is my hands down favorite so far. Have had it on every cruise and it has been melt in your mouth excellent every time!!

Archived