Questions about Internet access

bobbob160

Has anyone used the internet cafe? What type of equipment is available? What I am really asking is are there USB ports on the computers to upload photo's and e-mail them? At $.50/minute..I wouldn't mind spending $5.00 for 10 minutes of sending memories of our trip to friends and family. (Do they charge 15% gratuity on the internet use? :p )

Don't know about USB ports but I do know on NCL Norway they didn't charge 15%.

I do remember they are slow. They offered packages and they seemed to be the best. I think I bought 200 minutes for $50.00. Newer cafe's might be faster.

Don

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone used the internet cafe? What type of equipment is available? What I am really asking is are there USB ports on the computers to upload photo's and e-mail them? At $.50/minute..I wouldn't mind spending $5.00 for 10 minutes of sending memories of our trip to friends and family. (Do they charge 15% gratuity on the internet use? :p )

We used the internet on Princess at $.35 per minute. We could not find any connections to send pictures. On average I thought it was slow, and was told that it was due to satellite reception. But it did work & I was able to send emails and retrieve all my messages and utilize my address book. There was no tip charged, just the 35 cent per minute charge which was not too bad for $3.50 for 10 minutes.

I have just returned from my Costa Atlantica Cruise departing 11/28/04. I hope to post a review soon. I did not use the internet access but I did find the information I was looking for. There are memory card readers attached to the comptuer that accept most popular cards. To send your personal pictures via e-mail was a $2.00 charge per e-mail address. I assume that have an e-mail postcard type application that will insert a picture from your memory card. The internet cafe was a very popular place and there was always people in there reading their e-mail.

Guest KateKathy

Thanks!! We are leaving on Atlantica 12/19 and I usually bring 2 digitals so you can tell I love pictures. I will look for your review!!

Archived